Linksys BEFSR41: problems with large downloads?

Last response: in Networking
April 7, 2004 5:07:54 PM

I have my PC connected through Linksys BEFSR41 to a high-speed internet
service.

Everything works fine, except for large downloads such as Microsoft
service packs from the Microsoft web site.

Smaller files download fine. Once I get over 10-20 MB or so, the
downloaded files are corrupted.

Has anyone noticed the same problem?

Roust
April 7, 2004 5:17:21 PM

"Rouster" <roust@r.er> wrote in message
> I have my PC connected through Linksys BEFSR41 to a high-speed internet
> service.
>
> Everything works fine, except for large downloads such as Microsoft
> service packs from the Microsoft web site.
>
> Smaller files download fine. Once I get over 10-20 MB or so, the
> downloaded files are corrupted.
>
> Has anyone noticed the same problem?
>
> Roust

No, I haven't. Have you got the latest firmware for the router? I noticed
that there was a fix for packets arriving out of order in one of the earlier
upgrades although I don't know if that would cause your problem. Have you
talked to your ISP about this - lots of stuff between your hard-disk and the
file source?

Billh
April 7, 2004 5:29:42 PM

Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
be warranted.
April 7, 2004 7:27:01 PM

Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
available from the Linksys web site?

Jbob wrote:
> Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
> be warranted.

April 7, 2004 8:15:11 PM

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:27:01 -0400, Rouster <roust@r.er> wrote:

>Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
>available from the Linksys web site?
>
>Jbob wrote:
>> Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
>> be warranted.

For good discussions about Linksys issues, BBReports (aka DSLReports) forum:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys

Cheers,
Chuck
April 8, 2004 2:33:47 AM

In article <jAYcc.31154$wq4.1479770@news20.bellglobal.com>, Rouster
roust@r.ersays...
> Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
> available from the Linksys web site?
>
> Jbob wrote:
> > Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
> > be warranted.

Try ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/befsr-fw-1442.zip

Most people have no issues with that firmware.

--

John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.

Just in case there's any doubt, my email address is useless. Please reply to
this newsgroup.
!