Linksys BEFSR41: problems with large downloads?

I have my PC connected through Linksys BEFSR41 to a high-speed internet
service.

Everything works fine, except for large downloads such as Microsoft
service packs from the Microsoft web site.

Smaller files download fine. Once I get over 10-20 MB or so, the
downloaded files are corrupted.

Has anyone noticed the same problem?

Roust
6 answers Last reply
More about linksys befsr41 problems large downloads

    "Rouster" <roust@r.er> wrote in message
    > I have my PC connected through Linksys BEFSR41 to a high-speed internet
    > service.
    >
    > Everything works fine, except for large downloads such as Microsoft
    > service packs from the Microsoft web site.
    >
    > Smaller files download fine. Once I get over 10-20 MB or so, the
    > downloaded files are corrupted.
    >
    > Has anyone noticed the same problem?
    >
    > Roust

    No, I haven't. Have you got the latest firmware for the router? I noticed
    that there was a fix for packets arriving out of order in one of the earlier
    upgrades although I don't know if that would cause your problem. Have you
    talked to your ISP about this - lots of stuff between your hard-disk and the
    file source?

    Billh

    Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
    be warranted.

    Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
    available from the Linksys web site?

    Jbob wrote:
    > Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
    > be warranted.

    Yes but you need to go to their FTP site for archived files:

    ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/

    Try this link for further info:

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,9702276~mode=flat

    On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:27:01 -0400, Rouster <roust@r.er> wrote:

    >Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
    >available from the Linksys web site?
    >
    >Jbob wrote:
    >> Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
    >> be warranted.

    For good discussions about Linksys issues, BBReports (aka DSLReports) forum:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    In article <jAYcc.31154$wq4.1479770@news20.bellglobal.com>, Rouster
    roust@r.ersays...
    > Hmmm, that's good to know. Is an older version more stable, and is it
    > available from the Linksys web site?
    >
    > Jbob wrote:
    > > Based on current SR41 issues perhaps the "latest" firmware(1.45.7) might not
    > > be warranted.

    Try ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/befsr-fw-1442.zip

    Most people have no issues with that firmware.

    --

    John Gray

    If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.

    Just in case there's any doubt, my email address is useless. Please reply to
    this newsgroup.

Firewalls Linksys Microsoft Networking