Celeron and motherboard for overclock

raylee011

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I was going to get a dual celeron system. I guess it is not possible to do that, unless I use BP6. Anyway, What would be the best choice combination for celeron and motherboard. Best value, best stablity, best performance. Or Duron. Thanks.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Celerons normally run at 66 MHz FSB, and 800 MHz upwards at 100 MHz.

I would suggest a slot1 dual processor board since you can buy a slotket adapter and use a newer coppermine socket370 FCPGA upto 1.1 GHz (not the latest Tualatin FCPGA2 1.2 GHz onwards) or even newer FCPGA Pentium-IIIs. If you have a socket370 board a socket adapter (like the <A HREF="http://www.friendtech.com" target="_new">powerleap</A> one) is costly.

Anyway since you already have a BP6, you will need that powerleap adapter, and follow the instructions on a link on the <A HREF="http://www.friendtech.com" target="_new">friendtech</A> page that describes modifying the Celeron to work on the BP6.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

I have MSI ms-6199 and slotket and I run a celeron 800mhz @ 1152 mhz with FSB 144mhz the CPU run @ 1.85 v and the chipset 3.5v and the system solid rock stable with no proplem I can't get any more with this I tried to get it to 1200 mhz (150 mhz FSB) but the OS will not boot. any way I thinke 352mhz fpr free is very nice thinge.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
a 6 MHz jump is probably quite high. If the board supports 1 MHz increments or any intermidiate speeds, you could probably boot through. 1 MHz increment in FSB will get you 8 MHz of processor boost! Also increasing the core voltage a tad will also help, these processors are known to work fine even at voltages as high as 2.2V!

Anyway 352 MHz quite a gift and in fact a bit more could be wrung out! What board do you have?

girish

G

My mobo doesn't support 1mhz incresment thr only wat to go from 144 mhz is direct to 150 mhz and the it's not support voltage more than 1.95 and I tried but didn't work my mobo is MSI ms-6199 with gigabyte slotket.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
then I guess you are at the end of the road! Still 352 MHz is huge boost, almost 50%!

TRENDING THREADS