Lost Network Printers after XP/SP2

Lost my connection to local network printers after
installing XP service pack 2. In particular I lost my
connection to a Canon CLC 1120 driven by a ColorPass Z40
print server. My P&F control panel says it can't connect
because the print spooler service is not running but when
I look under the admin control panel everything looks OK.
Checked Windows Firewall and made P&F sharing an
exception ... still no luck.

You may want to test this fix
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020