Intermittent failure

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

Since using Windows Fax in my system (XP) I have received a lot of faxes just
fine. Others, particularly from one supplier, fail routinely. There are
certain documents that just don't seem to come through no matter how many
times this supplier tries, what time of day it is, or anything. The faxes are
coming over a DSL line. Only about one in 8 or 10 is lost, but even that is
too many.

Any ideas about what's causing this or how to rectify it so that we can
reliably get ALL of the faxes? Right now I've given up on having them come to
the computer and we are just printing them from a fax machine.

This is due to the Modem compatibility issue, could you send us the
yourModem Make and your suppliers fax machine Make.

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
purposes only.'