There were some problems with the sound on the computer and the driver
was lost? disabled? not working!!!
Called HP/Compaq and their help desk is like not able to help. Why in
the name of the Good Lord Jesus can they not tell me which driver i
need to download for the sound. I think it might be Ethernet but you
know what, we are just a bunch of Bushwackers in Northern Ontario who
do not have the expertise to determine this kind of stuff. We can fix
skidoos, dirt bikes,motors from boats and cars and trucks and we can
drink more beer and rum than anyone in North America but we do not have
the knowledge to get a driver downloaded so there is sound on the
computer to listen to music etc from the computer.
We have the back up disks but holy bat**** batman, we tried this and
had to reload the computer totally from the git go, 4 times...
HELP TO THE BUSH GUYS IN NW ONTARIO.

--
RhealL

hh

Uh, the drivers took me all of 3 minutes to locate:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=94085&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

HH

"RhealL" <RhealL.1h86sa@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> There were some problems with the sound on the computer and the driver
> was lost? disabled? not working!!!
> Called HP/Compaq and their help desk is like not able to help. Why in
> the name of the Good Lord Jesus can they not tell me which driver i
> need to download for the sound. I think it might be Ethernet but you
> know what, we are just a bunch of Bushwackers in Northern Ontario who
> do not have the expertise to determine this kind of stuff. We can fix
> skidoos, dirt bikes,motors from boats and cars and trucks and we can
> drink more beer and rum than anyone in North America but we do not have
> the knowledge to get a driver downloaded so there is sound on the
> computer to listen to music etc from the computer.
> We have the back up disks but holy bat**** batman, we tried this and
> had to reload the computer totally from the git go, 4 times...
> HELP TO THE BUSH GUYS IN NW ONTARIO.
>

> --
> RhealL

The correct way to install the ethernet driver for the Compaq Presario 6027 is as follows:

First make sure you have the correct Nvidia Nforce Chipset drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=36860&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=94085

After installing these and restarting then go here and download this:

http://www.box.net/shared/d3i6ahshr8

Those are drivers for the Intel 845 Motherboard

Extract them to the root of C.

You should now have a folder called intel41xp in the root of C:

Then go into device manager, right click on ethernet controller and hit update driver.

Select install from a specific location, search by location and include this location in the search:

C:\intel41xp\intel41xp

That will FINALLY install the driver for the Ethernet Adapter and then you can restart the computer.

Don't be frustrated, I'm a pretty darn great IT guy and this dang driver/chipset crap took me over 3 hours to get correct.

Brad v.0.