Treo 650 for Verizon

Does VZW offer the Treo 650 soon?
7 answers Last reply
More about treo verizon

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:42:22 GMT, "C C" <someone@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Does VZW offer the Treo 650 soon?

    As a corporate customer, was told today 60 days out, maybe.

    Six weeks ago, was also told 60 days, maybe.

    Another telecomms friend has three in his office... and relates significant
    software QC problems. Lots of crashes, even when running without hacks, DAs
    and only major commercial apps.

    This is irksome. I had so looked forward to replacing our three year old
    PalmPhones with something contemporary.

    final date was just announced. june of 2012.

    It seems VZW is not committed to corporate customers.
    VZW has its focus on younger customer base who probably
    use a lot on GIN. They should also consider corporate users'
    needs and maybe target on the Blackberry market, now that
    they have EDVO.

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:27:54 GMT, "grilla" <grilla@swbell.net> wrote:

    >final date was just announced. june of 2012.

    ROFL.

    You are probably not that far off.
    (I'd bet we might see it as early as 2011!)

    singha_lvr wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:27:54 GMT, "grilla" <grilla@swbell.net> wrote:
    >

    >>final date was just announced. june of 2012.
    >>

    > ROFL.
    >
    > You are probably not that far off.
    > (I'd bet we might see it as early as 2011!)

    As I said here before, the fact that they are now heavily discounting
    and advertising their discounts on the 600, it looks as if they are
    trying to clear out their inventory of those so that they can start
    selling the 650s. My guess? By summer at the latest.

    they will introduce the 650 as soon as palm announces the new treo 700.

    On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:44:33 GMT, Peter Ross <pross@att.net> wrote:

    >As I said here before, the fact that they are now heavily discounting
    >and advertising their discounts on the 600, it looks as if they are
    >trying to clear out their inventory of those so that they can start
    >selling the 650s. My guess? By summer at the latest.

    I think they are suddenly infatuated with Pocket PC and their new
    EV-DO phones.

    (I'll admit ... I love EV-DO!)

    I decided to go with the Treo over an EV-DO solution becuase:
    1) I like PalmOS better (But I can be happy with PocketPC)
    2) EV-DO costs more
    3) I'd see a limited benefit from EV-DO ... I'm only downloading
    e-mail ....

Verizon Treo Internet Service Providers