lease info on Linksys BEFSR41

BEFSR41 user interface shows what address the router was given by the
external DHCP server, but it doesn't show how long the lease is.

How can I find that out?

Roust

Rouster wrote:

> BEFSR41 user interface shows what address the router was given by the
> external DHCP server, but it doesn't show how long the lease is.
>
> How can I find that out?
>
> Roust

Why would you care about the lease time on the DHCP? It will just get
automatically renewed by the client-side software....

--
Whatever is not nailed down is mine. What I can pry loose is not
nailed down.

Rouster <roust@r.er> wrote in

> BEFSR41 user interface shows what address the router was given
> by the external DHCP server, but it doesn't show how long the
> lease is.
>
> How can I find that out?
>
> Roust

Strange, my BEFSR41 gives that information on the Status page, for
example: DHCP Remaining Time: 2 days 16:13:41

I'm running firmware version 1.45.7, Jul 31 2003, if that makes a
difference.

On 7 Apr 2004 18:20:08 GMT, Frank le Spikkin spoketh

>Rouster <roust@r.er> wrote in
>
>> BEFSR41 user interface shows what address the router was given
>> by the external DHCP server, but it doesn't show how long the
>> lease is.
>>
>> How can I find that out?
>>
>> Roust
>>

>Strange, my BEFSR41 gives that information on the Status page, for
>example: DHCP Remaining Time: 2 days 16:13:41
>
>I'm running firmware version 1.45.7, Jul 31 2003, if that makes a
>difference.

It does. Lease time information is not available in all versions of the
firmware.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

TRENDING THREADS