Graphics Mods for GTA IV?

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I have recently been trying to install ICEnhancer 1.3 on GTA IV (1.0.7.0 Steam Version) by copying and replacing the files from the folders.. for some reason when I do this my Game gets to the loading screen and then crashes. I have tried it several times and it refuses to run. All I do is copy the files from the ICEnhancer folder to my GTA IV folder and replace them.. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or is there another Graphics Mod that I can try and see if that works?

ICEnhancer doesn't play nice with the 1.0.7.0 patch as far as I know. You'll have to see about downgrading your game to the 1.0.4.0 patch. Unfortunately Steam doesn't like letting you rollback to earlier versions of games. I'm not sure how you would downgrade the Steam version to an earlier patch revision.

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

Thanks for the reply.. I just downgraded my GTA IV by using this article -- http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198415 -- and ran GTA IV with no mods and it ran fine. I then put in ICEnhancer 1.3 and GTA still ran but looked very very bad. I could tell that the graphics mod worked but it didn't look right. I am now installing my back up that I made and I am going to try ICEnhancer 1.35 instead of 1.3 . I will keep you updated with what happens.

15MichaelHarper

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
It's strongly recommended that you down - upgrade your game patch, this will increase the games stability. I also had this problem and but when I updated my game it functioned as normal. I have found if you purchased this game through steam the mod doesn’t function currently and applies a strange haze over the screen. I'm not exactly sure as to why this happens but when I installed this game from an independent disk it functioned fine and of cores looked great!