Files or folders list how to print..?

How do I print the actual files or folder list as I see
on the screen???? I want to print them out so I can use
them as a quick label on my backup CDs.
2 answers Last reply
More about files folders list print

    >How do I print the actual files or folder list as I see
    >on the screen???? I want to print them out so I can use
    >them as a quick label on my backup CDs.

    To print the active window as it's displayed, press Alt+PrtScn. This
    copies the active window to the clipboard as a bitmap. You can then
    paste the bitmap into a graphics editor such as paint, or a word
    processor that has graphic capabilities (such as Word) and print the
    screen from that application.

    Alternatively, since you probably only want a listing of the file
    names, you can use the command line DIR command and redirect its
    output to a text file and then print that from Notepad, or use a
    dedicated 3'rd party utility such as ExpPrint
    http://www.jddesign.co.uk/.

    ExpPrint is an Explorer extension that gives you a "Print Directory
    Listing" context menu option when you select any combination of file
    folder, disk drive, or files - including the Search results list. It
    has quite a comprehensive sorting and layout capability, fully
    supports Unicode (so it can print names that contain characters not
    supported in the default code pages), and is only a small download.

    ExpPrint is shareware, the only restriction on the non-registered
    usage is that the Save settings capability is disabled. Other than
    that it's fully functional.

    Dave
    --
    MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

    You can also print out complete directories using
    Microsoft Outlook. Go to My Computer in Outlook Shortcuts
    and navigate to the folder(s) listings you want. Then you
    can use File Print to print the entire listing of files or
    folders in one step rather than cutting and pasting one
    screen at a time.

Microsoft Windows XP