[EQ1] Gorenaire

I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The last
few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on track. Give
what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting frustrated
that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid be so scared as to
avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also, does it stay up until someone
kills it?

Thanks!

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700, "Frinka"
<drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The last
>few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on track. Give
>what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting frustrated
>that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid be so scared as to
>avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also, does it stay up until someone
>kills it?

I haven't been on for the past couple days, their last patch "broke"
my copy of EQ and I need to do a complete reinstall but I was under
the impression all Fabled ended yestersay (April 15)?

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700, "Frinka"
<drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The last
>few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on track. Give
>what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting frustrated
>that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid be so scared as to
>avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also, does it stay up until someone
>kills it?
>
>Thanks!

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
itself. He should be terrified about the Fabled.

But this weekend is the last of the Fableds. They should be gone
after this.

And yes, he'll remain up until someone kills it. Or a patch happens.

"Larry Laffer" <private@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700, "Frinka"
> <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
>>last
>>few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on track.
>>Give
>>what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting frustrated
>>that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid be so scared as to
>>avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also, does it stay up until someone
>>kills it?
>>
> You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
> itself. He should be terrified about the Fabled.
>
> But this weekend is the last of the Fableds. They should be gone
> after this.
>
> And yes, he'll remain up until someone kills it. Or a patch happens

I saw it today, maybe it just won't spawn again after today, but it was
still hanging around.

I don't have any intention of taking it on... can it be avoided, or should I
just not risk it?

BTW, I'm on Morrell-Thule, if anyone wants to volunteer to get rid of it for
me! :)

Jonathan

Frinka wrote:
> "Larry Laffer" <private@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700, "Frinka"
>> <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
>>> last
>>> few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
>>> track. Give
>>> what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting
>>> frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid
>>> be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
>>> does it stay up until someone kills it?
>>>
>> You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
>> itself. He should be terrified about the Fabled.
>>
>> But this weekend is the last of the Fableds. They should be gone
>> after this.
>>
>> And yes, he'll remain up until someone kills it. Or a patch happens
>
> I saw it today, maybe it just won't spawn again after today, but it
> was still hanging around.
>
> I don't have any intention of taking it on... can it be avoided, or
> should I just not risk it?
>
> BTW, I'm on Morrell-Thule, if anyone wants to volunteer to get rid of
> it for me! :)
Sees through invis. How is your RoS faction?

--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

> You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
> itself.

lol

"Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote in message
> I don't have any intention of taking it on... can it be avoided, or should
> just not risk it?

Yes, your a druid...use track and keep tabs on it, check where it is then
stay away. It wont aggro from half a zone away etc...

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <%Lj8e.13773$5F3.8227@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx says...
> > You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
> > itself.
>
> lol

Lol...remineds me of these conversations:

"Hi can you help me kill this uber-65+ raid/fabled mob?"

"Maybe, what do you need?"

"Well, one full well rounded group of 65-70ths can do it."

"So what do we have so far?"

"Nobody yet."

"Um... ok... what class are you?"

"Paladin"

"Ok. Are you tanking?"

"I'm only 42nd level. But it would be a huge upgrade for me!"

"Yeah. I bet it would. Well... Good luck with that."

"/ooc anyone want to hunt fabled with me"

(thinking to myself: he really ought to put "Anyone want to hunt fabled
*FOR* me"...!)

"42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In article <%Lj8e.13773$5F3.8227@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx says...
>> > You're 51 druid should be scared to take on the original Gorenaire by
>> > itself.
>>
>> lol
>
> Lol...remineds me of these conversations:
>
> "Hi can you help me kill this uber-65+ raid/fabled mob?"
>
> "Maybe, what do you need?"
>
> "Well, one full well rounded group of 65-70ths can do it."
>
> "So what do we have so far?"
>
> "Nobody yet."
>
> "Um... ok... what class are you?"
>
> "Paladin"
>
> "Ok. Are you tanking?"
>
> "I'm only 42nd level. But it would be a huge upgrade for me!"
>
> "Yeah. I bet it would. Well... Good luck with that."
>
> "/ooc anyone want to hunt fabled with me"
>
> (thinking to myself: he really ought to put "Anyone want to hunt fabled
> *FOR* me"...!)

Sounds like an incident I had during the last lot of fabled spawnings.
I brought a group of 4 65's down to kill the fabled ishva mal so we could
get his robe for a couple of us.
There was a guy on his own, in his 50's camped outside the room, who couldnt
kill the IM by himself
, yet got quite upset that we were going to "leapfrog" him. He figured it
was "his turn" and we should party up and get him his robe first.

Oh well, we got ours first, but we did stick around after and get him a robe
too, which I considered beyond the call of duty.

42 <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
> (thinking to myself: he really ought to put "Anyone want to hunt fabled
> *FOR* me"...!)

I had the reverse problem last weekend. My 52 monk wanted to get
keyed for Howling Stones, so I went into Kaesora and cleared the
church to get Xalgoz to pop, figuring I could solo him. After a
couple iterations, I got the Fabled Xalgoz instead, red to me.
Fortunately there was a high level mage in the zone (I think he
was PLing some friends), who was kind enough to come kill it for
me. I offered him and his friends the fabled drop, since all I
wanted really was the HS key piece, but nobody in their group
could use it. (All neither could my monk.)

Then I went to LOIO to get the piece from Chancellor Di`zok, and
found the Fabled Chancellor was up instead. I decided to bag it
until the fables are gone. So I headed for SK to see if my streak
would continue and I'd find the Fabled Quillmane, but no such luck. :)

As for Gorenaire, Fabled or otherwise, the first time I ever saw
her was with my druid, and she was only apprehensive to me, so I
went up and got a good look. This was the unfabled one, but the
factions are probably the same, so your druid might be okay, just
be sure to check from a safe distance. Mind you, "safe distance"
can be tricky. I came back later with my monk, and saw her from
a long way off (we were atop different mountain peaks), but she
was at around 88% hits; I guess someone had tried to smack her.
She glared threateningly at my monk, so I figured I'd swing wide
around her, but as I was getting oriented I saw her turn to face
my direction, and next thing I knew I'd been summoned and smacked
for 1000hp. I managed to feign death and she eventually wandered
away.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 13 on E. Marr

Vladesch wrote:

> "42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>In article <%Lj8e.13773$5F3.8227@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>>vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx says...

>>>lol
>>
>>Lol...remineds me of these conversations:
>>
>>"Hi can you help me kill this uber-65+ raid/fabled mob?"
>>
>>"Maybe, what do you need?"
>>
>>"Well, one full well rounded group of 65-70ths can do it."
>>
>>"So what do we have so far?"
>>
>>"Nobody yet."
>>
>>"Um... ok... what class are you?"
>>
>>"Paladin"
>>
>>"Ok. Are you tanking?"
>>
>>"I'm only 42nd level. But it would be a huge upgrade for me!"
>>
>>"Yeah. I bet it would. Well... Good luck with that."
>>
>>"/ooc anyone want to hunt fabled with me"
>>
>>(thinking to myself: he really ought to put "Anyone want to hunt fabled
>>*FOR* me"...!)
>

> Sounds like an incident I had during the last lot of fabled spawnings.
> I brought a group of 4 65's down to kill the fabled ishva mal so we could
> get his robe for a couple of us.
> There was a guy on his own, in his 50's camped outside the room, who couldnt
> kill the IM by himself
> , yet got quite upset that we were going to "leapfrog" him. He figured it
> was "his turn" and we should party up and get him his robe first.

You see I would have agreed on the "leapfrog" comment if he had been
preparing to go in alone...it would have been fun to watch after all,
and some of us get an insane thrill from occasionally going "He is so
out of my league it's unbelievable, but that never stopped me
before!"...but he was out of line complaining simply because he was
waiting for another team he could tag on to. Obviously he could ask to
join your group politely, but if the answer's no, he should either jump
in alone or stand aside for your guys.

> Oh well, we got ours first, but we did stick around after and get him a robe
> too, which I considered beyond the call of duty.

That's a lovely ending, it may have been beyond the call but at least
you made someone happy :)

--
Michael Greenhalgh
http://tripleb.co.uk

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Iksar Summoner | Lavastorm

Loony Goon Circus Guild | http://www.loonygooncircus.com |
http://lgc.eq2guilds.org

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700 in <42616899$1_2@127.0.0.1>,
"Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> graced the world with this
thought:

>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The last
>few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on track. Give
>what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm getting frustrated
>that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51 druid be so scared as to
>avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also, does it stay up until someone
>kills it?

Just curious if you've done anything to make Gorenaire dislike you...
druids are fine with her, unless in wolf form... until the inevitable
hosing of the faction when you start whacking her friends.

> I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
> last few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
> track. Give what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm
> getting frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51
> druid be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
> does it stay up until someone kills it?

No need to be afraid to be in the zone, just keep away from Gore is all.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700 in <42616899$1_2@127.0.0.1>,
> "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> graced the world with this
> thought:
>
>>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
>>last few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
>>track. Give what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm
>>getting frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51
>>druid be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
>>does it stay up until someone kills it?
>>
> Just curious if you've done anything to make Gorenaire dislike you...
> druids are fine with her, unless in wolf form... until the inevitable
> hosing of the faction when you start whacking her friends.

It's far from inevitable unless you have a cleric or bard that needs help
with their epic 1.0. Don't know of any other classes off hand that
require killing mobs on RoS faction. For that matter, the cleric one can
be done without hosing faction, but it's a pain in the butt to only kill
nonfaction reducing mobs instead of a general slaughter.

--

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
> > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700 in <42616899$1_2@127.0.0.1>,
> > "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> graced the world with this
> > thought:
> >
> >>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
> >>last few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
> >>track. Give what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm
> >>getting frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51
> >>druid be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
> >>does it stay up until someone kills it?
> >>
> > Just curious if you've done anything to make Gorenaire dislike you...
> > druids are fine with her, unless in wolf form... until the inevitable
> > hosing of the faction when you start whacking her friends.
> >

> It's far from inevitable unless you have a cleric or bard that needs help
> with their epic 1.0. Don't know of any other classes off hand that
> require killing mobs on RoS faction. For that matter, the cleric one can
> be done without hosing faction, but it's a pain in the butt to only kill
> nonfaction reducing mobs instead of a general slaughter.

Going to sweet-talk Ragefire's heart away from him? ;)

Warrior epic requires dragon kills as well, which reduce RoS. Although I
doubt anyone bothers with that quest anymore. :p

--
Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

> "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote in
>
> > I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
> > last few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
> > track. Give what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm
> > getting frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51
> > druid be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
> > does it stay up until someone kills it?
>
> No need to be afraid to be in the zone, just keep away from Gore is all.
>
> --
> On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
> Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
>
> On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
> Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
> Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

Back in the day RoS was easy to improve but i hear they revamped mistmoor to
make it supertough? I used to run about chucking 1 hit shurikens at mobs
engaged with players (using assist so i didnt stuff mez) and got on well
with gore? Until i found out she really doesn't like doggies :p

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in
>>
>> > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700 in <42616899$1_2@127.0.0.1>,
>> > "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> graced the world with
>> > this thought:

>> > Just curious if you've done anything to make Gorenaire dislike
>> > you... druids are fine with her, unless in wolf form... until the
>> > inevitable hosing of the faction when you start whacking her
>> > friends.
>> >

>> It's far from inevitable unless you have a cleric or bard that needs
>> help with their epic 1.0. Don't know of any other classes off hand
>> that require killing mobs on RoS faction. For that matter, the
>> cleric one can be done without hosing faction, but it's a pain in the
>> butt to only kill nonfaction reducing mobs instead of a general
>> slaughter.
>>

> Going to sweet-talk Ragefire's heart away from him? ;)
>
> Warrior epic requires dragon kills as well, which reduce RoS.
> Although I doubt anyone bothers with that quest anymore. :p

Nah, just die right before Ragefire dies. :b

OK, I forgot about that minor part there. Is one kill of Ragefire enough
to hose the faction though? Being as I am close to max KOS from helping
multiple clerics, not to mention offing other Kunark dragons, I really
don't know.

--

> OK, I forgot about that minor part there. Is one kill of Ragefire enough
> to hose the faction though? Being as I am close to max KOS from helping
> multiple clerics, not to mention offing other Kunark dragons, I really
> don't know.

Depends on what your starting faction was. I think one Kunark dragon was
about 200 - 300 faction points (1 point per kill in old Mistmoore, no idea
about revamped mistmoore). Enough to drop you two faction levels if they're
small levels (Warmly / Kindly) or a single level if it's a big one (Dubious or
Amiable).

I think most players began around Dubious with RoS. (Although I could be
wrong, I spent a lot of time in Mistmoore in the 20-30 range), so your answer
is a big maybe.

(Helpful, I know. ; ) )

--

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>

>> OK, I forgot about that minor part there. Is one kill of Ragefire
>> enough to hose the faction though? Being as I am close to max KOS
>> from helping multiple clerics, not to mention offing other Kunark
>> dragons, I really don't know.
>>

> Depends on what your starting faction was. I think one Kunark dragon
> was about 200 - 300 faction points (1 point per kill in old Mistmoore,
> no idea about revamped mistmoore). Enough to drop you two faction
> levels if they're small levels (Warmly / Kindly) or a single level if
> it's a big one (Dubious or Amiable).
>
> I think most players began around Dubious with RoS. (Although I could
> be wrong, I spent a lot of time in Mistmoore in the 20-30 range), so
> your answer is a big maybe.
>
> (Helpful, I know. ; ) )

Pretty sure that I was not KOS after my first Ragefire kill, that was
long pre the shard farming days, and I had spent a lot of time in
Mistmoore myself.

--

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

> Warrior epic requires dragon kills as well, which reduce RoS. Although I
> doubt anyone bothers with that quest anymore. :p

They do as epic 1 is easier (I have heard) to get than doing the pre-1.5
quest thing.....

Finished up a warriors epic 1.0 recentley actually (well 2 cos one got a MQ
of the spiroc wingblade when we multi spawned spiroc lord).

"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
> Back in the day RoS was easy to improve but i hear they revamped mistmoor to
> make it supertough? I used to run about chucking 1 hit shurikens at mobs
> engaged with players (using assist so i didnt stuff mez) and got on well
> with gore? Until i found out she really doesn't like doggies :p

When they revamped MM, I think they moved various quest-related NPCs
out into LFay? (That's what they've done with other zone revamps,
e.g. moving mobs from Droga to FM, and I know I've seen some Splitpaw
named mobs in SK.) Did they include some non-named MM mobs as well?
If so, it's probably still fairly easy to go on a rampage for faction,
though of course you may have more trouble finding other groups of
players fighting the mobs so you might have to do all the work. :)

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in

> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
>> Back in the day RoS was easy to improve but i hear they revamped
>> mistmoor to make it supertough? I used to run about chucking 1 hit
>> shurikens at mobs engaged with players (using assist so i didnt stuff
>> mez) and got on well with gore? Until i found out she really doesn't
>> like doggies :p
>
> When they revamped MM, I think they moved various quest-related NPCs
> out into LFay? (That's what they've done with other zone revamps,
> e.g. moving mobs from Droga to FM, and I know I've seen some Splitpaw
> named mobs in SK.) Did they include some non-named MM mobs as well?
> If so, it's probably still fairly easy to go on a rampage for faction,
> though of course you may have more trouble finding other groups of
> players fighting the mobs so you might have to do all the work. :)

Yes they did include regular MM mobs as well, but there are not as many
available to kill for faction as there were inside MM.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
: Yes they did include regular MM mobs as well, but there are not as many
: available to kill for faction as there were inside MM.

There are like 6 +RoS faction mob spawns in lfay. g'work SOE.

bizbee wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2005 14:55:14 GMT in
> <Xns963C5ABEF483Frichardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:
>

> >No need to be afraid to be in the zone, just keep away from Gore is
all.

> Keep away?
> Good luck. If she's up, and you're alive and not busy trying to
defend
> yourself from her, it's OK for you to be in the zone. If she's up,
and
> it's not OK for you to be there, you'll know within about a minute,
> because she'll hand you your ass so fast you won't know what
> happened... and unless you're standing close to a cave or zone line,
> you aren't staying away from <squat.>

I don't understand. Are you saying Gore will agro from a long way
away? Like if you are standing at Karnor's, she will agro? Gore
wanders around in the snowy area. She will agro if she sees you, and
she does have a pretty big frenzy range, but you can get close enough
to take a look and not get agro. You can even hunt in the snowy area
as long as you don't go too far east, as far as I know.

On 18 Apr 2005 14:59:37 GMT in
<Xns963C5B7CEFF3richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:

>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:30:29 -0700 in <42616899$1_2@127.0.0.1>,
>> "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> graced the world with this
>> thought:
>>
>>>I've been soloing in the Dreadlands for awhile with some success. The
>>>last few times I've showed up there The Fabled Gorenaire has been on
>>>track. Give what I've heard, I've been leaving right away, but I'm
>>>getting frustrated that it's (she's?) always there.... Should my 51
>>>druid be so scared as to avoid the zone entirely when it's up? Also,
>>>does it stay up until someone kills it?
>>>
>> Just curious if you've done anything to make Gorenaire dislike you...
>> druids are fine with her, unless in wolf form... until the inevitable
>> hosing of the faction when you start whacking her friends.
>>

>It's far from inevitable unless you have a cleric or bard that needs help
>with their epic 1.0. Don't know of any other classes off hand that
>require killing mobs on RoS faction. For that matter, the cleric one can
>be done without hosing faction, but it's a pain in the butt to only kill
>nonfaction reducing mobs instead of a general slaughter.

Oh, sure, I've known people that have done it that are druids--yes,
I've been told "Oh, I can't hunt there, those guys are on a dragon
faction..." to whom I've always simply said "OK, have a nice night,"
however, what exactly is the point? Beyond about 40, there's no need
to worry about it--so what, you deny yourself hunting in zones like
Skyfire and Burning Woods just so Gorenaire won't come after you when
she's up on the odd occasion that, for some reason at those levels,
you venture into DL?
It's pretty much inevitable if you like to hunt. At any rate "far from
inevitable" is a pretty sweeping statement--because none of her
buddies like me enough to not attack me when I'm around them, and I
don't run away because I'm worried about faction with Gorenaire. If
you want it to be "far from inevitable," you're best off not to buy
Kunark, just to keep it that way.