Choosing between COD MOD Warfare 2 and Battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamdubey

Distinguished
Hi all,

On a Limited budget...can only pick one of these two games...

Got a core i5 2400, corsair 4 GB and HD6670 DDR5 ...

Have not seen or played either.....

Want to experience good detailed environments and tough AI (with that 6670)....

Suggestions?

Solution
When you say "tough AI," I'm going to assume you're interested in a single-player game(?)

If that's what you're going for, avoid both of these games, because the SP campaigns are pathetic. I don't know how BF3 enemy AI could possibly be any worse.....they really don't care, anyway...those games are ALL ABOUT the MP.

If you want a good SP game with good AI, you might check out Crysis2. It's usually on sale somewhere pretty cheap.

DM186

Splendid
At the setting you want to play at you won't be able to do BF3 unless your res is really low then med settings would be good. So you should get med to high with low res on COD. But this is my opinion.

If you plan to upgrade in the fucture your GPU to a 6870 then maybe get BF3 because BF3 is the better game of the two. So with the 6670 I would stay with the COD MOD Warfare 2. Good luck to you.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
When you say "tough AI," I'm going to assume you're interested in a single-player game(?)

If that's what you're going for, avoid both of these games, because the SP campaigns are pathetic. I don't know how BF3 enemy AI could possibly be any worse.....they really don't care, anyway...those games are ALL ABOUT the MP.

If you want a good SP game with good AI, you might check out Crysis2. It's usually on sale somewhere pretty cheap.

Solution

godzilowicz

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
DO NOT BUY BF3 UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE! YOU WILL NEED IT TO WRITE CUSTOM CODE TO GET THE F$%^ING THING TO WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER....ANY COMPUTER!!! TRUST ME! EVERYONE IS GOING TO TELL YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PATCH OR MAKE SURE YOUR ORIGIN FILES ARE PLACED IN CERTAIN PLACES AND IT WILL ALL BE HUNKY DUNKY AND WORK FLAWLESSLY FOR YOU.....BLAHBLAHBLAH......IT WILL WORK FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS OR HOURS AND THEN YOU'LL START HAVING PROBLEMS AND ONCE YOU GET THOSE FIGURED OUT SOMETHING ELSE WILL GO WRONG WITH THE ONLINE PLAY.....IF YOU CAN GET THAT TO WORK....I DARE YOU TO GOOGLE "BF3 PROBLEMS", PAGES AND PAGES OF TSHOOTING AND TWEAKING TO GET THE TURD TO WORK! BEWARE!!!!

and the 99% that don't have problems? PICNIC

Agree with other posters, ignore these games for SP.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
@ Above: Owned BF3 since since release day, not had a single problem.
P.s. It doesn't require a degree in computer science to turn your caps lock off.

OP, Both of these games are multiplayer focused games and the single players are very short. If you're on a limited budget and only want to play single player there are much better games out there with longer campaigns that will keep you busy for longer and be better value for money.

However if you want to play multiplayer It depends what kinda of multiplayer you're looking for. MW2 is very fast paced, very arcadey on small maps with killstreaks, perks etc. While BF3 is still arcadey but on much much bigger, more detailed maps with destructibility, tanks, helis, jets, boats etc etc.

IMO I'd say go for BF3- better graphics, bigger scale and with the release of the CQB map pack which is on small maps like Cod theres much more variety on bf3.

my concern with the Bf3 recommendation is the OP's specs a 6670 might struggle

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Ah, I should've gone to specsavers, I didn't even notice that, my mistake.
Yeah, BF3 MP will be a big no no on a 6670, my ol' 5670 on 1080 & lowest settings gets around 10-20fps with a 2500k and thats on the small maps. Playing a lower res will improve fps but i don't think it will be worth playing.

MW2 will be a different story though and will work fine.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

While I do enjoy Red Orchestra 2 that game is flawed as hell, there is no way anyone can say RO2 is the superior game, unless they're a fanboy looking through biased rose tinted lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.