printing blank pages from text files

This problem cropped up several months ago, but I reloaded
Microsoft Word 6.0 and it worked fine until recently.

When I open a Word file and tell it to print, the required
number of pages come out of the printer, but the pages are
blank. I removed then reloaded Mircosoft Works and Word,
but it made no difference.

The test page prints fine and I can print a spread sheet
file, but no text files.

What gives? Anybody run into this before? I tried the
Mircrosoft help page, but it is like finding a stamp in a
wind storm - totally useless.

I have a Gateway computer with Windows XP.

Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about printing blank pages text files

    Have you checked with the maker of your printer for an updated driver, or read their
    support documents? What model printer do you have?

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Dave" <katdave@tri-lakes.net> wrote in message
    > This problem cropped up several months ago, but I reloaded
    > Microsoft Word 6.0 and it worked fine until recently.
    >
    > When I open a Word file and tell it to print, the required
    > number of pages come out of the printer, but the pages are
    > blank. I removed then reloaded Mircosoft Works and Word,
    > but it made no difference.
    >
    > The test page prints fine and I can print a spread sheet
    > file, but no text files.
    >
    > What gives? Anybody run into this before? I tried the
    > Mircrosoft help page, but it is like finding a stamp in a
    > wind storm - totally useless.
    >
    > I have a Gateway computer with Windows XP.
    >

    > Dave

Windows XP