printing blank pages from text files

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

This problem cropped up several months ago, but I reloaded
Microsoft Word 6.0 and it worked fine until recently.

When I open a Word file and tell it to print, the required
number of pages come out of the printer, but the pages are
blank. I removed then reloaded Mircosoft Works and Word,
but it made no difference.

The test page prints fine and I can print a spread sheet
file, but no text files.

What gives? Anybody run into this before? I tried the
Mircrosoft help page, but it is like finding a stamp in a
wind storm - totally useless.

I have a Gateway computer with Windows XP.

Dave

Have you checked with the maker of your printer for an updated driver, or read their
support documents? What model printer do you have?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/