fax problem

September 21, 2004 7:13:07 PM

After downloading service pack 2 from microsoft, my fax
will not work. I checked microsoft help forum and the
only mention I found of it was that the firewall was
blocking it. I don't have that firewall turned on because
I use the firewall from NORTON. That has the fax program
PERMITTED for access, but I still can't send or receive
faxes. I reconfigured all the fax software and the DEVICE
MANAGER says everything is working properly. The FAX
CONSOLE says "all fax printers are inaccessible". Can
anybody help me? Thanks.

More about : fax problem

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 6:29:04 PM

This problem might be because of the Norton Firewall. Please take a look at
this link and follow the steps there.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
Let us know if your fax works after this.
If the above doesnt work try uninstalling the Norton firewall and see if the
fax servuce works and let us know.

--
Mayuri Diwan

purposes only.'