fax problem

After downloading service pack 2 from microsoft, my fax
will not work. I checked microsoft help forum and the
only mention I found of it was that the firewall was
blocking it. I don't have that firewall turned on because
I use the firewall from NORTON. That has the fax program
PERMITTED for access, but I still can't send or receive
faxes. I reconfigured all the fax software and the DEVICE
MANAGER says everything is working properly. The FAX
CONSOLE says "all fax printers are inaccessible". Can
anybody help me? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem

    This problem might be because of the Norton Firewall. Please take a look at
    this link and follow the steps there.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    Let us know if your fax works after this.
    If the above doesnt work try uninstalling the Norton firewall and see if the
    fax servuce works and let us know.

    --
    Mayuri Diwan

    purposes only.'

    "JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After downloading service pack 2 from microsoft, my fax
    > will not work. I checked microsoft help forum and the
    > only mention I found of it was that the firewall was
    > blocking it. I don't have that firewall turned on because
    > I use the firewall from NORTON. That has the fax program
    > PERMITTED for access, but I still can't send or receive
    > faxes. I reconfigured all the fax software and the DEVICE
    > MANAGER says everything is working properly. The FAX
    > CONSOLE says "all fax printers are inaccessible". Can
    > anybody help me? Thanks.

Fax Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP