Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC Problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 5, 2012 3:17:26 PM

Hello, i got Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl from a friend. I downloaded it but when i try to play it, a screen pops up and the Stalker SoC box and some other box that says error but i cant open it because my computer freezes every time so i cant find the problem. Any ideas on how i can play my game?

More about : soc problem

July 5, 2012 4:47:11 PM

sorry cant help. you got it from a friend? and you downloaded it...thats called piracy and we cant help you, as toms doesnt help pirates or condone piracy ... maybe you should try the official site... oh wait you cant because the company went out of business, because they didnt sell enough games... thanx for that...
m
0
l
July 5, 2012 5:34:47 PM

HEXiT said:
sorry cant help. you got it from a friend? and you downloaded it...thats called piracy and we cant help you, as toms doesnt help pirates or condone piracy ... maybe you should try the official site... oh wait you cant because the company went out of business, because they didnt sell enough games... thanx for that...

+Rep.

One of the most unique and bad ass FPS games ever is gone. No chance of STALKER 2 :( 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 5, 2012 10:32:59 PM

wolfram23 said:
+Rep.

One of the most unique and bad ass FPS games ever is gone. No chance of STALKER 2 :( 



Indeed. I was looking forward to the release of STALKER 2 more than any other game in life, and now it's history.
m
0
l
July 5, 2012 10:58:57 PM

Yeah... apparently part of the dev team is doing an MMO style game (or just multiplayer, not sure), and it will be in a similar style to STALKER, apparently. But having other ppl there just isn't the same thing. At least we get a Metro sequel, even though, again, it's totally different. I liked hunting monsters in dark, decrepid areas and treasure hunting anomalies...
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 12:52:57 AM

yeah there is an mmo based on the stalker concept. http://forum.stalker-online.so/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=445... its in pre beta atm. but you can try what they have done so far. to be honest im not to sure about this, they seem to want a free to play game but ask you to pay in real euro's for equipment that can randomly fall out of your backpack... HMMM!!!... i suppose you can turn round and pick it up but more likely you will end up with a hole in the backpack that everything you own falls out of so your basically throwing money away... or so it seems.

http://survarium.com/en/ is also claiming to be the stalker mmo. this is the more likely official release but there is little real info on it...
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 1:10:24 AM

HEXiT said:
yeah there is an mmo based on the stalker concept. http://forum.stalker-online.so/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=445... its in pre beta atm. but you can try what they have done so far. to be honest im not to sure about this, they seem to want a free to play game but ask you to pay in real euro's for equipment that can randomly fall out of your backpack... HMMM!!!... i suppose you can turn round and pick it up but more likely you will end up with a hole in the backpack that everything you own falls out of so your basically throwing money away... or so it seems.

http://survarium.com/en/ is also claiming to be the stalker mmo. this is the more likely official release but there is little real info on it...



Unfortunately, neither is really related to STALKER. The first is actually a third-person shooter and looks pretty wretched.

Survarium, according to the developers, is in no way related to STALKER. It was formulated to give a similar feel and "atmosphere."


My favorite thing in life is the immersive single-player game. The challenge of creating AI and character interaction that make you forget that you're just playing against scripts changing through machine-states. Games like Metro, FEAR, HL2, and STALKER accomplished that with varying degrees of success. With most of the focus of the FPS world turning to multiplayer, it seems I have less and less to look forward to.
m
0
l
!