Sign in with
Your question

VisionTek geforce2 MX 400 overclocking settings.

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2001 3:20:42 PM

I'm having a problem with my VisionTek GeForce2 MX400 card, and the overclocking settings.
I just enabled clock frequency adjustments in the Win98 registry, and when I click on the checkbox to "allow clock frequency adjustments" in the display properties, It claims that it must restart. I don't even get a chance to click "apply" or "OK".
So, I let it restart, then go to the clock frequency adjustments tab, and the checkbox is unchecked again, even though I checked it before restarting. I can't adjust the sliders because of this. Has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any suggestions for this problem? THanks!
--
Dan Schneider

"If it ain't broke, fix it anyway."
November 24, 2001 1:13:41 AM

your problem seems similar to mine, I thought it was my windows registry error, cause I installed many detonator drivers without using det destroyer, but now I guess it's not, btw.. maybe you can try "perftune" or "geforce tweak utility" (third party program), it's safe.. I doubt it in the first place my self, but it actually worked.. the differences between those two programs are on the setting, which geforce tweak utility had more option to change rather than perftune, and beside in perftune had a little problem when setting the clock, it ussually go back to the clock before setting (when I press Apply button).. oh btw.. if you choose to use perftune.. don't forget to check "restore clock on restart" or something like.. to keep your clock setting even after restart..

hope it helps..
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2001 1:19:37 AM

I think it's a driver issue. I think one of the files is missing for coolbits in late driver revisions. I've heard that you can simply copy the file from an older revision to the correct place and make it work.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 26, 2001 3:12:13 PM

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I installed GeForce Tweak Utility, which enabled the overclocking settings for my hardware.
--
Dan S.

"If it ain't broke, fix it anyway."
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2001 1:59:20 PM

Glad you posted this question as I picked up two of them for about £52 each. (64ddr)

I was considering trying to tweek one of them,.... guess I'll know what to do when I hit this error!.

cheers
-cen
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2001 12:16:01 AM

if ur going to over clock a mx does it have a fan on it? if not make sure u have plenty of cooling or it will burn up quick.
!