EQ2 - Official forums...some things never change

Well, in the absence of any other known comparable sources of EQ2
information, I've been hanging out in the SoE EQ2 forums for a while. I'd
forgotten how over-exposure to the that place can drain your soul. I have
to restrain myself almost daily from replying to a thread and informing
some poster what an unreasonable brat and malcontent they're being. When I
leave that place, I feel like I'll never get clean.

The good information is there, but the signal to noise ratio is terrible.

Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

    Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

    > Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?

    I've been using eq.gamepressure.com and eq2.ogaming.com. Allakhazam's EQ2
    site is ok. The eqtraders EQ2 site isn't too bad, they've got as much up
    to date as they can and they get regular reports from EQ2 producers.

    Don't really know of any others but then those have been good enough for me
    so far.

    Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in

    > Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in
    >

    >> Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?
    >>

    > I've been using eq.gamepressure.com and eq2.ogaming.com. Allakhazam's
    > EQ2 site is ok. The eqtraders EQ2 site isn't too bad, they've got as
    > much up to date as they can and they get regular reports from EQ2
    > producers.
    >
    > Don't really know of any others but then those have been good enough
    > for me so far.

    Thanks. I wasn't familiar with gamepressure.com. I'll check it out.

    I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
    that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    > Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in
    >

    > Thanks. I wasn't familiar with gamepressure.com. I'll check it out.
    >
    > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
    > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

    hadn't heard that. don't really affect me much, not like I'm giving them
    any money. I use Firefox and I have a decent firewall so I'll never even
    see ads for IGE if they have any on that site. Most of the time, on any
    site, ad banners just look like blank spaces. I love my firefox, never a
    popup and adblock extension is great. IGE is one of the things I have
    blocked at firewall level I believe.

    "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

    > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
    > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

    I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
    them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
    anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
    great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
    any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

    --
    Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
    <Veritas>

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

    >I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
    leads
    >them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have

    >anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of
    this
    >great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you
    know of
    >any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

    I give in what is IGE and whats the big deal about it? ogaming.com is
    prettry much the only MMORPG site I look at.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I give in what is IGE and whats the big deal about it?

    IGE is an offshore company that's made a huge business out of selling
    virtual properties in MMORPGs (accounts, items, currency, etc.). They are
    despised by many and patronized by even more.

    --
    Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

    >I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the
    confusion.
    >Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting

    >confused...

    Not IGN they have their old set of mmorpg sites. Pretty useless they
    are too

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message

    > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
    > > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
    >
    > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
    > them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
    > anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
    > great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
    > any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

    I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the confusion.
    Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
    confused...

    Rich

    In article <3chvigF6kkmkeU1@individual.net>,
    "Richard Wingrove" <rich@privacy.net> wrote:
    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
    > > > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
    > >
    > > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
    > > them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
    > > anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
    > > great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
    > > any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?
    >
    > I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the confusion.
    > Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
    > confused...

    Well, looking at the whois records for ign.com, ige.com, and
    ogaming.com, I notice that both ign.com and ige.com list their contact
    information, but ogaming.com uses a proxy service to keep anonymous.

    The name servers for ogaming.com are at thottbot.net, so I'd guess they
    have something in common, such as who owns them. Anyone know who owns
    Thottbot?

    --
    --Tim Smith

    "Tim Smith" <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message
    > In article <3chvigF6kkmkeU1@individual.net>,
    > "Richard Wingrove" <rich@privacy.net> wrote:
    > > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

    > > > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
    leads
    > > > them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
    > > > anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
    > > > great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know
    of
    > > > any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?
    > >
    > > I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the
    confusion.
    > > Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
    > > confused...
    >
    > Well, looking at the whois records for ign.com, ige.com, and
    > ogaming.com, I notice that both ign.com and ige.com list their contact
    > information, but ogaming.com uses a proxy service to keep anonymous.
    >
    > The name servers for ogaming.com are at thottbot.net, so I'd guess they
    > have something in common, such as who owns them. Anyone know who owns
    > Thottbot?

    Take it for what it's worth, but it's widely suspected that IGE owns both of
    them. You can read the evidence and discussion here.

    http://www.corpnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1790

    --
    Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
    Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

    > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case,
    >> then that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
    >
    > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
    > leads them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they
    > don't have anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the
    > viability of this great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me
    > out here: do you know of any credible evidence that this site really
    > is IGE?

    Admittedly, I only have rumors to go on, myself. I would also be interested
    in hearing some evidence one way or the other.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
    >

    > > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case,
    > >> then that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
    > >
    > > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
    > > leads them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they
    > > don't have anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the
    > > viability of this great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me
    > > out here: do you know of any credible evidence that this site really
    > > is IGE?
    > >

    > Admittedly, I only have rumors to go on, myself. I would also be interested
    > in hearing some evidence one way or the other.

    As I posted elsewhere...

    http://www.corpnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1790

    I'll let you be the judge if its conclusive or not. I know I haven't
    bothered with all 6 pages ;p

    But most of those I respect accept it based on the evidence there and
    elsewhere, and are more interested in what it means than whether or not it is
    true.

    --
    Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
    Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof