EQ2 - Official forums...some things never change

Tags:
  • Signal-To-Noise Ratio
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 17, 2005 8:59:42 PM

Well, in the absence of any other known comparable sources of EQ2
information, I've been hanging out in the SoE EQ2 forums for a while. I'd
forgotten how over-exposure to the that place can drain your soul. I have
to restrain myself almost daily from replying to a thread and informing
some poster what an unreasonable brat and malcontent they're being. When I
leave that place, I feel like I'll never get clean.

The good information is there, but the signal to noise ratio is terrible.

Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

More about : eq2 official forums things change

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:30:07 AM

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

> Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?

I've been using eq.gamepressure.com and eq2.ogaming.com. Allakhazam's EQ2
site is ok. The eqtraders EQ2 site isn't too bad, they've got as much up
to date as they can and they get regular reports from EQ2 producers.

Don't really know of any others but then those have been good enough for me
so far.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:01:51 AM

Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in

> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in
>

>> Anyone got any other good sources of EQ2 info?
>>

> I've been using eq.gamepressure.com and eq2.ogaming.com. Allakhazam's
> EQ2 site is ok. The eqtraders EQ2 site isn't too bad, they've got as
> much up to date as they can and they get regular reports from EQ2
> producers.
>
> Don't really know of any others but then those have been good enough
> for me so far.

Thanks. I wasn't familiar with gamepressure.com. I'll check it out.

I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in
>

> Thanks. I wasn't familiar with gamepressure.com. I'll check it out.
>
> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
> that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

hadn't heard that. don't really affect me much, not like I'm giving them
any money. I use Firefox and I have a decent firewall so I'll never even
see ads for IGE if they have any on that site. Most of the time, on any
site, ad banners just look like blank spaces. I love my firefox, never a
popup and adblock extension is great. IGE is one of the things I have
blocked at firewall level I believe.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:52:27 AM

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
> that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.

I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:54:06 AM

>I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
leads
>them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have

>anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of
this
>great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you
know of
>any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

I give in what is IGE and whats the big deal about it? ogaming.com is
prettry much the only MMORPG site I look at.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:06:18 AM

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message

> I give in what is IGE and whats the big deal about it?

IGE is an offshore company that's made a huge business out of selling
virtual properties in MMORPGs (accounts, items, currency, etc.). They are
despised by many and patronized by even more.

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 11:52:12 AM

>I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the
confusion.
>Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting

>confused...

Not IGN they have their old set of mmorpg sites. Pretty useless they
are too
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 7:46:40 PM

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
> > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
>
> I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
> them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
> anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
> great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
> any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?

I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the confusion.
Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
confused...

Rich
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:33:51 PM

In article <3chvigF6kkmkeU1@individual.net>,
"Richard Wingrove" <rich@privacy.net> wrote:
> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
> >
> > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case, then
> > > that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
> >
> > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what leads
> > them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
> > anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
> > great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know of
> > any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?
>
> I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the confusion.
> Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
> confused...

Well, looking at the whois records for ign.com, ige.com, and
ogaming.com, I notice that both ign.com and ige.com list their contact
information, but ogaming.com uses a proxy service to keep anonymous.

The name servers for ogaming.com are at thottbot.net, so I'd guess they
have something in common, such as who owns them. Anyone know who owns
Thottbot?

--
--Tim Smith
Anonymous

"Tim Smith" <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message
> In article <3chvigF6kkmkeU1@individual.net>,
> "Richard Wingrove" <rich@privacy.net> wrote:
> > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
leads
> > > them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they don't have
> > > anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the viability of this
> > > great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me out here: do you know
of
> > > any credible evidence that this site really is IGE?
> >
> > I thought it was IGN that owned it? That might explain some of the
confusion.
> > Of course, it could really be IGE who owns it, and I'm the one getting
> > confused...
>
> Well, looking at the whois records for ign.com, ige.com, and
> ogaming.com, I notice that both ign.com and ige.com list their contact
> information, but ogaming.com uses a proxy service to keep anonymous.
>
> The name servers for ogaming.com are at thottbot.net, so I'd guess they
> have something in common, such as who owns them. Anyone know who owns
> Thottbot?

Take it for what it's worth, but it's widely suspected that IGE owns both of
them. You can read the evidence and discussion here.

http://www.corpnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1790

--
Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case,
>> then that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
>
> I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
> leads them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they
> don't have anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the
> viability of this great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me
> out here: do you know of any credible evidence that this site really
> is IGE?

Admittedly, I only have rumors to go on, myself. I would also be interested
in hearing some evidence one way or the other.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
>

> > "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> I understand that ogaming.com is owned by IGE? If that's the case,
> >> then that pretty much disqualifies it, IMO.
> >
> > I've heard people spread that rumor before but everytime I ask what
> > leads them to believe this they don't know how to answer and they
> > don't have anything to point to. I'm not prepared to destroy the
> > viability of this great resource on the basis of a rumor, so help me
> > out here: do you know of any credible evidence that this site really
> > is IGE?
> >

> Admittedly, I only have rumors to go on, myself. I would also be interested
> in hearing some evidence one way or the other.

As I posted elsewhere...

http://www.corpnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1790

I'll let you be the judge if its conclusive or not. I know I haven't
bothered with all 6 pages ;p

But most of those I respect accept it based on the evidence there and
elsewhere, and are more interested in what it means than whether or not it is
true.

--
!