Missing printer drivers

Recently, I installed the Windows XP (home) SP2 upgrade.
After doing so my printer drivers disappeared. I try to
reinstall the drivers by clicking on the add printer
option in the Printers/Fax control panel. I immediately
get an error that reads, "Operation could not be
completed. The print spooler service is not running."

Any ideas on what is causing this error to occur, and how
can I fix this annoying issue?
2 answers Last reply
More about missing printer drivers

    I've got the same problem - did you find a solution?

    did you try this from an earlier post - link shows article
    with useful advice in

    If the printer is still connected to the PC, then it is
    probable all that
    has happened is that the print spooler has stopped.

    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

Drivers Fax Printers Windows XP