Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
for the PC.
Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

TNX.

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    "Keith" <kilowatt_radio@yahoo.com.spam> wrote in message
    |I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    | the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    | windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    | connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    | the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    | for the PC.
    | Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    | video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    | the case up.

    Download and install one of the following:
    Belarc Advisor or Everest

    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
    someplace like www.driverguide.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:50:35 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote:

    >"Keith" <kilowatt_radio@yahoo.com.spam> wrote in message
    >|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    >| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    >| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    >| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    >| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    >| for the PC.
    >| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >| the case up.
    >|

    >Download and install one of the following:
    >Belarc Advisor or Everest
    >
    >http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    >
    >They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
    >someplace like www.driverguide.com

    Thanks that should solve the problem. The Compaq/HP web site has
    nothing that will help.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    Keith wrote:

    > Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    > video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    > the case up.

    http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
    chiset right so I could find the drivers.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    On 16 Dec 2004 00:33:10 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Keith wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >> the case up.
    >
    >http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    >Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
    >chiset right so I could find the drivers.

    TNX for the link. I will also try that on the machine.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    Keith wrote:
    > I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    > the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    > windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    > connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    > the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    > for the PC.
    > Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    > video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    > the case up.
    >

    > TNX.

    Look around here:
    http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/ccsearch/search-product?sni=96251&qry=video%20drivers&lang=en&ctry=us&search=0&req_call=true&parse=true&plc=&temp_hql=&findct=&iqry=