fax with a click

Is there a way to run the fax software in windows xp (the one that's
part of xp) from the command like while providing it with a number and
a file name so that I can just double click the bat file and it would
dial my number and fax the file specified?

I use a txt file to write stuff in it and I then fax it thru the print
/ fax wizard but everytime I have to choose the number and click next
next next .... etc. Since I always modify the same file and fax that
to the same number all the time, there must be a way to reduce this
into one click or two :)

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about click

    Unfortunately there is no readily available script for this. However you can
    make use of the rich set of APIs that Windows Fax provides to write your own
    script/program. For a list of different APIs that windows fax supports
    please refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/fax/faxabout_18s3.asp.

    --
    Chandrasekar R
    purposes only.

    "Voyager" <husoway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to run the fax software in windows xp (the one that's
    > part of xp) from the command like while providing it with a number and
    > a file name so that I can just double click the bat file and it would
    > dial my number and fax the file specified?
    >
    > I use a txt file to write stuff in it and I then fax it thru the print
    > / fax wizard but everytime I have to choose the number and click next
    > next next .... etc. Since I always modify the same file and fax that
    > to the same number all the time, there must be a way to reduce this
    > into one click or two :)
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the suggestion but that seemed a bit too complicated for
    me. But further search took me to a page that has a sample VB
    procedure to write an app that does it. The sample is for VB6 but
    works with VB.net too. You just need to add the reference and comment
    the lines that cause an error upon pasting them. Then edit the other
    infor as needed.

    Here is the link. This solution workd like a charm for me so my search
    is over! Hopes yours will be too but if you cannot get the app to
    work, you can email me and I'll be happy to send my apps code.

    Here is the link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841714

Fax Windows XP