Server merge questions

1. Do I understand correctly that there will be no character transfers to
Stromm afterward?

2. My highest level characters (outside of FV) are on Saryrn. I stopped
playing there long before EQ2 came out, because it was getting to be a
ghost town at the mid-levels. I see an opportunity now to possibly get some
more mileage out of them. Assuming no transfers to Stromm, are there any
other servers with a healthy lower- and mid-level population that I might
consider transferring to?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

    Rumbledor wrote:
    > 1. Do I understand correctly that there will be no character transfers to
    > Stromm afterward?
    >
    > 2. My highest level characters (outside of FV) are on Saryrn. I stopped
    > playing there long before EQ2 came out, because it was getting to be a
    > ghost town at the mid-levels. I see an opportunity now to possibly get some
    > more mileage out of them. Assuming no transfers to Stromm, are there any
    > other servers with a healthy lower- and mid-level population that I might
    > consider transferring to?

    A few weeks ago, Stromm did not appear on the list of
    servers when you did a /movelog. It appears now, and I have
    chosen it to move some chars after the recent mergers. Time
    will tell if the chars actually get moved or whether the
    fact Stromm appeared was an error.

    "Rumbledor" wrote:
    > 2. My highest level characters (outside of FV) are on Saryrn. I stopped
    > playing there long before EQ2 came out, because it was getting to be a
    > ghost town at the mid-levels. I see an opportunity now to possibly get
    > some
    > more mileage out of them. Assuming no transfers to Stromm, are there any
    > other servers with a healthy lower- and mid-level population that I might
    > consider transferring to?

    My characters are on Cazic Thule, and we were the first to go through a
    merge. I logged my account for the first time in ages immediately after the
    merge just to see how things had been affected (and to get a little use out
    of the All Access Pass), and have been quite pleased to find that there are
    opportunities for all of my characters to see the light of day.

    One afternoon I decided to run my 18 necro across Everfrost to hunt the top
    of Perma, and noticed something I hadn't seen in over a year. The entire
    zone was being utilized. There were groups in the newbie area, a group on
    Bandl's ledge hunting calfs, Redwind was beign picked on, and there was a
    waiting list at IGs ... just like the old days.

    I've since abandoned EQ2 and progressed my Ogre SK from 34 to 36, and he's
    happily entrenched in Lower Guk.

    The only thing that I have noticed is that prices in the bazaar are all over
    the place. Apparently the economy on Brell was as fubar as CT's, and
    combining the two has really caused chaos. Also, there's a discrepancy in
    the usage of acronyms that's causing a bit of trouble for folks trying to
    assemble pick-up groups/raids.

    But, by and large, the merge has made the low-mid to upper-end game playable
    again, at least on Cazic Thule.

    Crash

    ....and does anyone know if it would be possible to transfer to Venril
    Sathir? I've trawled for info on transferring from a Sony server to a
    non-Sony server during these server merges, but I have been unable to
    find out if Sony will be willing to do this. I have a suspicion that
    it might not be able to be done as one of their free, post-merge
    transfers, seeing as it involves an account transfer.

    Palindrome

    Palindrome wrote:
    > ...and does anyone know if it would be possible to transfer to Venril
    > Sathir? I've trawled for info on transferring from a Sony server to a
    > non-Sony server during these server merges, but I have been unable to
    > find out if Sony will be willing to do this. I have a suspicion that
    > it might not be able to be done as one of their free, post-merge
    > transfers, seeing as it involves an account transfer.

    The only information I've found regarding this is the standard fee
    service for transferring from a US server to a European server. I've
    seen no mention of free transfers, especially as Ubisoft seem to be
    steering clear of the server mergers.

    --
    Michael Greenhalgh
    http://tripleb.co.uk

    EverQuest 2:
    Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
    Lavastorm
    Rayd | Dwarf Summoner | Lavastorm

    Loony Goon Circus Guild | http://www.loonygooncircus.com |
    http://lgc.eq2guilds.org

    City of Heroes:
    Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

    ---

    "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > ...and does anyone know if it would be possible to transfer to Venril
    > Sathir? I've trawled for info on transferring from a Sony server to a
    > non-Sony server during these server merges, but I have been unable to
    > find out if Sony will be willing to do this. I have a suspicion that
    > it might not be able to be done as one of their free, post-merge
    > transfers, seeing as it involves an account transfer.

    probably, but bare in mind that it is a one way trip. I play on VS, and
    unless you are in a guild, you are screwed except at peak times.

    Here are our servers community forums: http://www.venrilsathir.com

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:10:00 GMT, "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

    >"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> ...and does anyone know if it would be possible to transfer to Venril
    >> Sathir? I've trawled for info on transferring from a Sony server to a
    >> non-Sony server during these server merges, but I have been unable to
    >> find out if Sony will be willing to do this. I have a suspicion that
    >> it might not be able to be done as one of their free, post-merge
    >> transfers, seeing as it involves an account transfer.
    >
    >probably, but bare in mind that it is a one way trip. I play on VS, and
    >unless you are in a guild, you are screwed except at peak times.
    >
    >Here are our servers community forums: http://www.venrilsathir.com

    Well, as I live in the UK, I do sometimes play on there (there were no
    European servers when I started, but I started a few characters off on
    there) and I find I can do OK without a guild - thanks for the forums
    info :)

    Palindrome

    Sayrn is still a vacant lot. I hope that this happens there as well. I
    have a 70 BL there and I am in a raiding guild, but I have some neglected
    alts that I like to play. And finding a group for them is like pulling
    teeth.

    KDragon wrote:
    > Rumbledor wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Do I understand correctly that there will be no character transfers
    >> to Stromm afterward?
    >>
    >> 2. My highest level characters (outside of FV) are on Saryrn. I
    >> stopped playing there long before EQ2 came out, because it was getting
    >> to be a ghost town at the mid-levels. I see an opportunity now to
    >> possibly get some more mileage out of them. Assuming no transfers to
    >> Stromm, are there any other servers with a healthy lower- and
    >> mid-level population that I might consider transferring to?
    >

    > A few weeks ago, Stromm did not appear on the list of servers when you
    > did a /movelog. It appears now, and I have chosen it to move some chars
    > after the recent mergers. Time will tell if the chars actually get moved
    > or whether the fact Stromm appeared was an error.

    I can now confirm that you can move chars to Stromm. I
    checked earlier and my requested move to Stromm has been
    completed.

    KDragon <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote in

    > KDragon wrote:
    >> Rumbledor wrote:
    >>
    >>> 1. Do I understand correctly that there will be no character
    >>> transfers to Stromm afterward?
    >>>
    >>> 2. My highest level characters (outside of FV) are on Saryrn. I
    >>> stopped playing there long before EQ2 came out, because it was
    >>> getting to be a ghost town at the mid-levels. I see an opportunity
    >>> now to possibly get some more mileage out of them. Assuming no
    >>> transfers to Stromm, are there any other servers with a healthy
    >>> lower- and mid-level population that I might consider transferring
    >>> to?
    >>

    >> A few weeks ago, Stromm did not appear on the list of servers when
    >> you did a /movelog. It appears now, and I have chosen it to move some
    >> chars after the recent mergers. Time will tell if the chars actually
    >> get moved or whether the fact Stromm appeared was an error.
    >
    > I can now confirm that you can move chars to Stromm. I
    > checked earlier and my requested move to Stromm has been
    > completed.

    Aye, same here. Now I'm just having a time getting my names changes so they
    don't end with an 'x'.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin