Win 7 realtek problems

Hello,
I have WIN 7 problem with sound on Gigabyte GA-MA780.Can not hear sound on speakers, but in front jack for headphones it is OK. Also when I play the test for 5.1, speakers play the sound. Drivers from Realtek HD Audio installed.
6 answers Last reply
More about realtek problems
  1. Reltek has a settings in the UI which enabels either front or rear o/p depending on connections i.e if front o/p is populated it wont send any o/p from rear so, check this option once.
  2. already checked, still not working. Also one new thing= When I played one film with some extension (not divx, wma ...) dont know the tupe. it was ok???
  3. If you go into the bios there will be a section where you can set the audio type output.

It looks like the front pannel is set to HD audio, and the rear outputs are set to AC97.
  4. If you go into the bios there will be a section where you can set the audio type output.

It looks like the front pannel is set to HD audio, and the rear outputs are set to AC97.
  5. One more thing, you have to right click on the speaker in windows 7 and set the audio port you are using as the default audio device.
  6. It seems that 5.1 speakers works only on test, but 2.0 (stereo) works fine . I can finally enjoy the sound from PC. Maybe win7 and gigabyte r incompatible?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Speakers Realtek Windows 7