Printing From DOS Programs to Non DOS Printers Under Windo..

Help?????????????

We develop a Front office program for Hotels & Resorts the program we use is
a 4GL called Magic, the Version of magic is 5.7.

The problem is that the program works fine under DOS, Win98, Windows 200 &
Windows XP using a DOS fat 32 Partition, and if we are using something like
HP p4,p5 or p6.

as we all know Printer Companies are no longer making printers that run with
DOS drivers. But until we get around to upgrading to the 32bit Version of
Magic, we are stuck.

Can anybody help me work out how to fire this DOS print job at a no dos
Printer.

Sorry we also use Bold, an set Pitch control on the print jobs. (Invoices
Etc).

thanks for any help

Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about printing programs printers windo

    Dear Mr. Dave Evans,

    > We develop a Front office program for Hotels & Resorts the program we use
    is
    > a 4GL called Magic, the Version of magic is 5.7.
    >
    > Can anybody help me work out how to fire this DOS print job at a no dos
    > Printer.

    have a look at Printfil. It allows character-based applications (like dos)
    to print to ANY Windows printer, including GDI, Windows-only and virtual
    printers (such as PDF writers and fax softwares). It also comes with a lot
    of extras, like print preview, font selection, color etc.

    More info and a free trial is available for download at our web site.

    Kind regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

DOS Printers Windows XP