HP OfficeJet G85 + XP: can’t remove printers/drivers succe..

Our HP G85 worked perfectly under Windows 98 and now not under XP. We
have scoured websites and forums and carried out advice given as to
removing the printers and drivers from the computer, including advice
given on this forum
(http://www.pcbanter.net/archive/index.php/t-229091Can't-Uninstall-HP-Printer-Driver.html)
about another HP printer and XP. We performed the actions on the website
that was referred to in the answer to the question:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm to remove all
printers and printer drivers.
Result: printer remnants were still found. We also saw an advert for
the program: “Your Uninstaller” from ursoftware, which we promptly
downloaded, installed and activated, but with the same result. Every
time we try to remove the old printer and install the appropriate new
drivers, we get the message that the program is already installed.
We are beginning to think that nothing will work and will just have to
scrap the printer completely. By the way, we also contacted a local
technician, who said there was no point in our taking the machine to
him as he would do exactly the steps we had already carried out. Any
suggestions would be most welcome.
veroverk

--
veroverk

"veroverk" <veroverk.1d19d0@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Our HP G85 worked perfectly under Windows 98 and now not under XP. We
> have scoured websites and forums and carried out advice given as to
> removing the printers and drivers from the computer, including advice
> given on this forum
> (http://www.pcbanter.net/archive/index.php/t-229091Can't-Uninstall-HP-Printer-Driver.html)
> about another HP printer and XP. We performed the actions on the website
> that was referred to in the answer to the question:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm to remove all
> printers and printer drivers.
> Result: printer remnants were still found. We also saw an advert for
> the program: "Your Uninstaller" from ursoftware, which we promptly
> downloaded, installed and activated, but with the same result. Every
> time we try to remove the old printer and install the appropriate new
> drivers, we get the message that the program is already installed.
> We are beginning to think that nothing will work and will just have to
> scrap the printer completely. By the way, we also contacted a local
> technician, who said there was no point in our taking the machine to
> him as he would do exactly the steps we had already carried out. Any
> suggestions would be most welcome.
> veroverk
>

> --
> veroverk
Go to the HP home page and look for the help pages for your G 85. I have no
problem with Windows XP Pro
Eric Booth