Windows is controlling my printer font - How do I change t..

Hello - I have been on the phone with Okidata for 2 hours today and got
nothing resolved. I have a Okidata ML 320 Turbo. Three different computers
use it as the default printer but anything that is printed always prints as
near letter quality and is very slow. We tried emulating it as a IBM
Proprinter III and an Espon FX-286e but no matter what I print, whether it is
an email from Outlook or a Word doc, it always changes the printers settings
from UTILITY or DRAFT to NLW and then again prints slowly. Okidata could not
figure it out. They said that Windows is controlling the printer so when I
go to print the software takes control.

Is there any way to get around this? My web orders go straight to the
printer and they take forever to print yet I have seen how fast the printer
can print when running a self-test on it.

I've had similar problems with an OKI321 - OKI say the driver is supplied by
Microsoft so it's not their problem.
You may want to try using the 'Generic Text/Only' driver - you may need to
find
an old version as MS are making it "intelligent".
Try selecting a printer font (if they appear - not on my current system), or
(in Word) try the Print option "draft printing".