Earthbound

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Hi. I have been looking for a copy of Earthbound for the SNES. I rented and played it a few times long ago and was seeing if I can find it.

I have found some places that have it and I cannot say that even with the high supply and high demand I cant and wont pay those prices.

Is there any other place or way I can find it? I already emailed Nintendo to re-release it digitally.

Solution

Alucard679

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
You aren't going to find one floating around for cheap. Especially if you want one with the box included, the prices for it are ridiculous anywhere you go. I just emulate it but unless your hardcore and only play it on the actual SNES then no matter where you look prices will be high for it.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Still looking. Have emailed Nintendo more than once, including Mother 1 and Mother 3/Earthbound 64 and any title like it on newer systems should come out.

I am wondering when and if the companies are going to get the entire catalogs online to compete with Steam, GameTap, GOG.com, etc. I emailed them about that too.

In emails I recieved back I was told to keep checking their online releases (same with Sony and Microsoft) or they will pass it on to development. I suggest anyone concerned to make a few emails and send them out.

At the end of the day I don't care much and won't contribute to hype and bubbles that need to be popped or deflated to appropriate sizes. I'll check out the $5-$20 PC games on clearance for the last 5 years or so and be able to get plenty if I want to game. It's like the hardware I am told comes in once a week or more at pawn shops and such. I know better than some of that pricing. I am also getting concerned about the internal batteries dying and needind sodering or not being able to be replaced. I spoke to the game store dealing with old material in my city: They were reluctant to talk, they said the process is difficult (I was told how to in another post I put up, and thanks for the info again) and tried to make it seem like ONLY they were the ones to fix it. But I know better. Psychologically: The emotional dependency sent at me and I was pulled to was pretty wrong.

If I needed to develop my soldering skills they would be in kijiji.com, on a business card and in the bargain finder to help compete with some current standards and to contract to fellow business minded people owning shops if they are nice enough. :sol:

If I could get a cartridge with box, instructions, guide, etc I would. But I won't buy into hype. Emulating, I havn't done that since 1998-1999 on Win98 and WinME. Has anything improved? The games were not exactly like the cartridges and discs before, but it was close. If I knew how to do it and got some older product, I would start archiving my collections. :)

Alucard679

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Yes emulation has improved greatly. The games (especially high sought after ones) work perfectly and are complete in their entirety. I know how much collectors drive after the original copies with everything included in with it but if you really just need to scratch that nostalgic itch then I'd emulate it until you finally can acquire the cartridge's you are are looking for.

For emulation you need the rom of the game and an emulator. You can use a xbox controller as a controller or a ps3 controller (takes some setting up)

Here is the best SNES emulator for windows. http://www.coolrom.com/emulators/snes/36/ZSNES.php
Here is the Earthbound Rom. http://www.coolrom.com/roms/snes/907/Earthbound.php

I would recommend that site for any other emulation needs. Best of luck to you on trying to hunt down the Mother collection :)

Solution

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Nintendos E-Shop has Earthbound 1/Mother 2 for $7.99 at this time.

Someone has probably made text, pictures or video walkthroughs. I am unsure if there is a strategy guide by Nintendo for sale online.