Last response: in Video Games
July 7, 2012 3:06:58 AM

Man, haven't been on these forums in ages :p 

So anyway, I recently upgraded my PC, these are my specs:

i7 2600k @ Stock
Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3R
8GB RAM 1600MHz
Gigabyte HD6950 OC 1GB

So my problem is that some games that I run (Saints Row 3, The Darkness 2, LA Noire) lag a heap when I should be able to play pretty much lag free. I usually get around <40FPS for SR3 and under <60FPS for the others. LA Noire is pretty intensive so I wouldn't be surprised if it were my hardware.

I think it could be with my resolution (1680 x 1050) but I really have to confirm it before I go spend money on a new monitor without any FPS improvement.

I can also run BF3 on high all the time with decent FPS (50+) if that helps anyone.

More about : lag saints row games

July 8, 2012 12:36:56 PM

Anybody?
m
l
July 8, 2012 12:45:20 PM

MrDrift said:
Man, haven't been on these forums in ages :p 

So anyway, I recently upgraded my PC, these are my specs:

i7 2600k @ Stock
Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3R
8GB RAM 1600MHz
Gigabyte HD6950 OC 1GB

So my problem is that some games that I run (Saints Row 3, The Darkness 2, LA Noire) lag a heap when I should be able to play pretty much lag free. I usually get around <40FPS for SR3 and under <60FPS for the others. LA Noire is pretty intensive so I wouldn't be surprised if it were my hardware.

I think it could be with my resolution (1680 x 1050) but I really have to confirm it before I go spend money on a new monitor without any FPS improvement.

I can also run BF3 on high all the time with decent FPS (50+) if that helps anyone.

Not that I can help... but at that resolution you should be getting much higher fps than what you are currently getting. I too have an i7 2600k and a 6950, and I play at 1080p and get better frame rates than that :/ 
m
l
Related resources
July 8, 2012 2:19:40 PM

It looks to me like there is something wrong with the RAM. Are you sure it works correctly with the processor and graphic card?

I don't know exactly what might be wrong. Try checking the compatibility and update Windows if you haven't done it in a while.

Check if you have the latest drivers as well.
m
l
July 8, 2012 4:47:02 PM

Quote:
how about the graphic settings? did you adjust it to maximum?
the resolution shouldn't be the problem for this issues. some wrong configuration would be affect to your graphics

English would probably help for a start...
m
l
July 9, 2012 7:20:10 AM

Its the highest resolution for my screen (1680 x 1050)

Not sure if its the RAM, but it doesn't lag with any games other than SR3 and The Darkness 2.

I tried to lower the lag by go into DX9, but it didn't really change much.

If this helps, I usually only get 40FPS when playing SR3, it is playable, but it worries me that my computer can't get higher frames than that.
m
l
!