Click if you live in China, Taiwan, Korea or any other Asian country?

joethetfrod

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hi Guys,

If you clicked on this link hopefully you live in Asian and game online.

If you dont live in Asia and play online games please dont post your best guess or some such.

Ive done enough research to know the searchable "facts" I need real world experiences now.

I am an English guy living in Taiwan atm.

I want to start gaming online again and was wondering if its possible considering the latency issues.

I want to play games like :

Eve online (london server only)

COD & BF3 (with english speakers)

COH & COH 2

Can you give me any info on your gaming experience. Most helpful would be, your bandwidth + ping times + servers you connect to.

Thanks

Joe

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Bandwidth depends on the amount of cash you can afford. Usually it is affordable.

Ping is horrible and FPS games cannot manage and you will be kicked out of servers because your latency will constantly be going 200+...this is if you want to connect trans-continental. Otherwise it is a decent experience

joethetfrod

Honorable
May 27, 2012
That's just what I feared.

Are you gaming in Taiwan then?

What games do you play? What servers do you play on and are there any games you simpily can't play because the servers are all too far away?

Also do you know about any LAN party events that happen in Taiwan ever?

Sorry for the 20 questions your the first reply I've had that actually lives in Taiwan.

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

No, I don't live in Taiwan. I live in a even worse place for GAMERS. I live in India...where gaming is considered a childish thing and most adults are not bothered by it.

Also...why would you complain about gaming when China has a pretty big gaming industry.

kaimcsquare

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

sup,

you should consider subbing to a VPN service. They usually have 30day money back guarantee so theres nothing to lose really.

im considering doing it myself but both my rigs crapped out on me the moment I got fiber installed. Surfing the net on fiber 30mbps in SAFE MODE, imagine that. heh.

good luck. would love to hear what your experiences would be, mate. sorry i cant come up with the list of VPN services at this point.