soltek sl-75drv2

G

if anyone has overlocked with the soltek sl-75drv2 please post your numbers and how you got them, I'm trying to comapre the soyo, epox, and soltek cards. I will post my results as to what I find, if I can get some info on the soltek.
Thanks!

jimp

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001
did the following to overclock this mb;

1. used jumpers JP1/JP2 on board to up Memory voltage to 2.6
2. In Bios, did following settings;
-put everything to optimal defaults to begin with.
-In Frequency/Voltage Control;
CPU Core Voltage=1.85
CPU Clock=143
-In the ADVANCED CHIPSET features menu, if you have any trouble put slower options on the memory options (DRAM CLOCK/Drive Control submenu). I think I have set 1T Command instead of 2T command. Basically, I have found that mem and video need to be run passively to keep up with system clocking - so if you have problems with stability after settings above, look to slow down these components via Bios options.

I am running AMD CP 1700+ and 512 CL-2 DDr2100 ram as a base. Windows XT and 2000.

Am getting 1900+ performance at present rock steady. Am able to run at 145, but some problems every now and again (perhaps futher tweaking will help, but have not gotten around to this).

Please let me know if you require any further detail, or if you found any better settings/options.

JP

G

Well I red the last reply to your post and I was a bit stunned by the poor result. One of the really neat feautures about the mobo is the "RedStormOverklocking" feauture in bios. It turns up your fsb gradually to a speed where it no lomger is stable and then reboot's at the highest stable value. Just by doing this, no voltage tuning or nothing, I got my XP1700 up to 1681Mhz and 302 Mhz Fsb. Rock Stable. The fan only going at 1800 Rpm's.