2 Really enoying fans

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Ok, i did some poking around inside my case and i determaned that 2 fans that are causing me to right this are 1. the fan over my Via chipset and 2. the Orb on my herclules GF3

All the other fans i can barly hear 1. Silverago (nothing less then advertised :) ) 2. i have a pritty quiet 80mm intake fan

first about the can on my Via... it also has a heatsink so can i just turn the fan off?

second is it a big deal to replace fans on vidio cards?

thnx

<font color=green>I can draw tyte give me the damn crayon!</font color=green>

svol

Champion
You could turn off the one on the Via Northbridge, a lot of mobo doesn't even have a fan on the Northbridge. But if your system gets insteable you'll have to put it on again.
I don't know about replacing Orb fans, but I use an old P 75 :smile: fan mounted on my standard heatsink, which cools pretty well and doesn't make much noise.

Do not make illegal copies of this post :wink:

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Do you have the Orange Orb or the Blue Orb? My quess is the Orange. The new Crystal Orb and Blue Orb both have smaller fans and a smaller HS's. Could be a viable option for you.

As for the Northbridge fan you can take it off if you please. Listen to SVOL's suggestion. If you want another fan for it we can post locations to buy a new one that is quieter if it runs unstable without one.

<A HREF="http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Category_Code=0040" target="_new"> One link to seller for example for Canada and US. </A>

<b>All for one and one for all...and 3 for 5! - Curly - The Three Stooges</b> :lol:

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
well i guess il just unplug the fan on my via... i have the blue orb...... it seems to make more noice then my 80mm case fans :(

<font color=green>I can draw tyte give me the damn crayon!</font color=green>