Witcher 2 Performance issues?

0absolutezero

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hi, so i just finished my first play through of the Witcher 2 last night. It was great, but I am a little stumped on some things. During big battles like Vergen Besieged and the fight with the dragon my fps would drop from 60 (i have v-snyc enabled) to 50 fps (which is noticeable and annoying). My setup includes 2 GTX 570s in SLI (1.2gb) an I5 2500k at 4.2 GHZ, 8 gigs of ram, etc. as you can see my PC (which i built) is very high end and im not sure if its me or is the game extremely demanding. Also on a side note when it drops my gpu usage for both cards is like 60-70% which I am pretty sure is OK because some processes cant utilize 100% of the gpu and i know i dont have a bottleneck. I have all the settings on ultra except ubersampling and am running at 1080p. Please, an explanation would be useful thank you (I just need to ease my mind and make sure it is not my setup, because i have had other problems in another game mainly Shogun 2, which i know is the games poor optimization and use of 1 core).

Solution
Witcher 2 is the most demanding game for me. I can play metro 2033 on ultra with ~25 fps (bad, i know), but when I try witcher 2 on ultra, I get about 12 fps. Your pc is very good, and it's the game.

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Witcher 2 is the most demanding game for me. I can play metro 2033 on ultra with ~25 fps (bad, i know), but when I try witcher 2 on ultra, I get about 12 fps. Your pc is very good, and it's the game.

Solution

0absolutezero

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply, that clears some stuff up. Its good to know its the game. (I still don't fully understand that capabilities of my cards because i installed them 2 weeks ago, i guess I am fretting!) thanks again. ;)