Fax on multiple modems on WinXP

Can I fax out on 2 modems on XP? I tried to add a second
modem, it said my version of windows doesn't allow me to
do it. What version do I need to get? Please help.

According to the Fax FAQ posted in this forum from time to time:

36. What is the limit on the number of fax devices supported on different
Operating Systems?

On all versions of Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003 Web Server, the
device limit is 1.
On all versions of Windows 2000, the device limit is 2.
On Windows Server 2003 Server and Windows Server 2003 Embedded, the
device limit is 4.
On Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and Windows Server 2003 Data
Center Server there is no device limit.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

johnv100@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can I fax out on 2 modems on XP? I tried to add a second
> modem, it said my version of windows doesn't allow me to
> do it. What version do I need to get? Please help.

AFAIK (and Hal or Russ will correct me if I'm wrong) the supporting of
multiple fax modems is a province of a server OS (2000 or 2003).
lose his marbles?

Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS] wrote:
> According to the Fax FAQ posted in this forum from time to time:
>
> 36. What is the limit on the number of fax devices supported on
> different Operating Systems?
>
> On all versions of Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003 Web
> Server, the device limit is 1.
> On all versions of Windows 2000, the device limit is 2.
> On Windows Server 2003 Server and Windows Server 2003 Embedded, the
> device limit is 4.
> On Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server and Windows Server 2003
> Data Center Server there is no device limit.
>
> Hal

Thanks, Hal, knew I wasn't /too/ wide of the mark! ;o)

lose his marbles?