compaq model number help

Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
seems to work fine.
5 answers Last reply
More about compaq model number help

    There is no small decal strip with Compaq model and serial number info on it?
    The strip is usually transparent and maybe 1/8" wide x 2" long, or thereabouts.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:46:08 -0800, ezriderman@webtv.net (Earl) wrote:

    >Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
    >computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
    >there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
    >seems to work fine.

    If it came with Win 98SE, it's a lot older than 1 year.
    HH

    "Earl" <ezriderman@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
    > computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
    > there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
    > seems to work fine.

    I should have said 10 years old. But just found a site that sells ram
    that had a tool thats scans computer for what it is and runs. It's a
    compaq deskpro EP/SB made 08/18/99. Now maybe i can get more ram for
    it. Thanks for help.

    >I should have said 10 years old. But just found a site that sells
    >ram
    > that had a tool thats scans computer for what it is and runs. It's
    > compaq deskpro EP/SB made 08/18/99. Now maybe i can get more ram
    > for
    > it. Thanks for help.

    That's five years and not ten years.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Year. Sorry, just went by what the seller told me.

Compaq Windows 98 Computers