Yesterday I kept trying to send a message to my brother. The server
at my brother's end would not let it through. After sending the same
message with a different subject line, and a different message with
the same subject line, I found that it was being rejected because of
the subject line (Re: bahia salada).
The message I received back said: Failed; 5.7.0 (other or undefined
security status)
I use a text only e-mail program, and the message had no
attachments.
Could it be some setup on the receiving server?

Thanks
Geo

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:53:12 GMT, GEO Me spoketh

> Yesterday I kept trying to send a message to my brother. The server
>at my brother's end would not let it through. After sending the same
>message with a different subject line, and a different message with
>the same subject line, I found that it was being rejected because of
>the subject line (Re: bahia salada).
> The message I received back said: Failed; 5.7.0 (other or undefined
>security status)
> I use a text only e-mail program, and the message had no
>attachments.
> Could it be some setup on the receiving server?
>
> Thanks
> Geo

A 5.7.x message means that the receiving server is rejecting the message
for one reason or another, and it's a permanent reject, meaning that the
message will not be accepted as is even if you retry it. Most likely
they have some anti-spam software on their mail server which doesn't
like "bahia salada"...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:18:18 GMT, Lars M. Hansen
<badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote:

>A 5.7.x message means that the receiving server is rejecting the message
>for one reason or another, and it's a permanent reject, meaning that the
>message will not be accepted as is even if you retry it. Most likely
>they have some anti-spam software on their mail server which doesn't
>like "bahia salada"...

Thank you very much. I suspected that this could be the case, but I
don't know much about this subject.
Bahia Salada: Salty Bay (a beach in northern Chile)

Geo

Have experienced the same thing with my french ISP.
They recently integrated some rules to avoid people spamming from their
adress, and you can't send messages with objects like "hello" or "test" for
example.
Pretty annoying, first because sometimes your replies won't go out of the
box, and because of course they would never have though of giving the
information to their customers.

Nothing to do about it, I get errors indicating "content rejected" as long
as I don't change the subject line.

--

Psyko Niko