XP service pack 2 - Printer problem

My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after which it
would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon for
updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.
10 answers Last reply
More about service pack printer problem

    This fix might have application. Check it out.
    You may want to test this fix
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    which it
    : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon
    for
    : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.

    Thanks for the help Thomas, but what is this the correct fix ? I would need
    to reload the service pack and than add the fix and if it doesn't work I will
    need to uninstall the service pack again, which takes ages.
    There must be somebody out there that has had exactly the same problem.

    "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:

    > This fix might have application. Check it out.
    > You may want to test this fix
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    >

    > Tom
    > MSMVP-DTS
    >
    > "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    > which it
    > : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon
    > for
    > : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.

    SAME problem but with the Canon MultiPass F50.
    Would you know of a site that may have a download or
    something to fix the same problem... different printer?
    Thank you!
    SB
    us;884020

    wrote in message
    D3DD45BD11E8@microsoft.com...
    >: My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I
    installed SP2 after
    >which it
    >: would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I
    checked Canon
    >for
    >: updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.
    >

    >.

    Sorry. What advice I have, I already gave. The uncertainty or vagueness
    of the advice is a good and sufficient reflection of the imperfection
    and incompleteness of my knowledge on this issue.

    : Thanks for the help Thomas, but what is this the correct fix ? I would
    need
    : to reload the service pack and than add the fix and if it doesn't work
    I will
    : need to uninstall the service pack again, which takes ages.
    : There must be somebody out there that has had exactly the same
    problem.
    :
    : "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    :
    : > This fix might have application. Check it out.
    : > You may want to test this fix
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    : >
    : >
    : > Tom
    : > MSMVP-DTS
    : >
    : > "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    : > news:0A63B12E-1B84-4759-8BBA-D3DD45BD11E8@microsoft.com...
    : > : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    : > which it
    : > : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked
    Canon
    : > for
    : > : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.
    : >
    : >
    : >

    Stan I have the same problem with my MP370. I tried
    installing the fix that Thomas
    suggested "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=kb;en-us;884020" but it did not fix the problem. In
    my case I can print if I wait long enough for the setup
    dialogs to come up but it is very slooooooo.

    I will let you know if I find a solution.

    Thanks for the tip Thomas, I downloaded the fix and now
    my Canon MPC 190 works again! Unfortunately I wasted
    several hours in fruitless hair-tearing, unloading and
    reloading software, checking USB cable etc before coming
    across this 'fix'. I did hear rumours that SP2 was
    causing some problems - they weren't wrong!

    us;884020

    >Tom
    >MSMVP-DTS

    I followed the link and it is trying to force me to validate my windows, i
    have an older Dell and the verification number isnt anywhere on the case. is
    there some other way for me to access those files?

    "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:

    > This fix might have application. Check it out.
    > You may want to test this fix
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    >

    > Tom
    > MSMVP-DTS
    >
    > "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    > which it
    > : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon
    > for
    > : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    If the Certificate of Authenticity is not on the case itself then it will be
    on the jewel cover of your CD of Windows XP.

    The only other way to get the file is to call Microsoft.
    www.coribright.com

    "Eric Cornelis" <Eric Cornelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I followed the link and it is trying to force me to validate my windows, i
    > have an older Dell and the verification number isnt anywhere on the case.
    > is
    > there some other way for me to access those files?
    >
    > "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> This fix might have application. Check it out.
    >> You may want to test this fix
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    >>

    >> Tom
    >> MSMVP-DTS
    >>
    >> "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    >> which it
    >> : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon
    >> for
    >> : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I had the same problem with my can mpc 190.
    I checked the canon site and found the following patch.
    It works perfect even with servicepack 2 installed.

    https://self-service-kb.canon-europe.com/download/mp4x0tMPSxpsp2.zip
    I hope it's helpfull to you !

    "Eric Cornelis" <Eric Cornelis@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    >I followed the link and it is trying to force me to validate my windows, i
    > have an older Dell and the verification number isnt anywhere on the case.
    > is
    > there some other way for me to access those files?
    >
    > "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> This fix might have application. Check it out.
    >> You may want to test this fix
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    >>

    >> Tom
    >> MSMVP-DTS
    >>
    >> "Stan Bowles" <Stan Bowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> : My Canon SmartBase MPC190 worked fine until I installed SP2 after
    >> which it
    >> : would not. I uninstalled SP2 and it now works again. I checked Canon
    >> for
    >> : updates to driver but no joy. Any help appreciated.

    ---
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    DO NOT REMOVE YOUR SP2 Installation or your Canon MPC software/drivers.
    This will lead to further headaches. With your XP (Home or Pro) now on
    SP2 - check this all works as intended first!

    Turn your printer on and wait for windows to detect the plug and play
    device. Edit the file MPNETIPC.INI, changing 127.0.0.2 in this file to
    127.0.0.1. Retry printing - all should be OK. [The file should be
    located in \windows\system32]. Microsoft are releasing a hotfix for
    this problem of devices not working that try to use a loopback address
    other than 127.0.0.1

    --
    cturton

Windows XP Canon Microsoft Printers