unable to print now to NEC Silentwriter2/90 or Epson Stylu..

sharon

Brand new Sony Vaio preloaded with XP Professional/Version 2. Although it
shows drivers for both printers, still not able for signal to get thru to the
printers. Docs show in printer toolbar window but not printing thru. Sony
says I need to purchase new printers; however, XP/Version 2 appears rife with
problems and nes printers may not be the issue here. Any suggestions?
--
sharon (novice computer user) If you have a suggestion, please advise each
step.

Are they both connected to a LPT port?

www.coribright.com