Add Network Printer using rundll32

Hi all,

i am trying to add printer for all users by using the
rundll32 command.

printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP Laser
Jet 3300 Series PCL 6" /c\\printserver \f "%windir%
\inf\ntprint.inf" /r "\\IC5\HP LaserJ
et 3300 Series PCL 6" /m "HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL 6"

But it doesn't work. Our print server is
named "printserver". It always say my argument is
invalid. The shared printer name is "HP Laser Jet 3300
Series PCL 6".

Can anyone tell me what wrong with my syntax?

Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about network printer rundll32

    Hi All,

    I found the error in the previous post i got the "/f"
    as "\f" but now i got a different error, it is saying that
    it can't find the right version of driver for the printer,
    which is quite strange, because if i run the add printer
    wizard, i don't have any problem adding the printer.

    I have tried the following with the "\v" but it still
    doesn't work.
    printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP Laser
    Jet 3300 Series PCL 6" /c\\printserver \f "%windir%
    \inf\ntprint.inf" /r "\\IC5\HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL
    6" /m "HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL 6" \v "windows 2000"

    Any ideas?

    See http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm.

    If the printer is shared from another computer, you don't need or want to
    specify all the details about drivers and so on. The required information
    will be fetched from the print server computer.

    Bruce Sanderson Printing MVP
    --
    ªzvÜá
    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I found the error in the previous post i got the "/f"
    > as "\f" but now i got a different error, it is saying that
    > it can't find the right version of driver for the printer,
    > which is quite strange, because if i run the add printer
    > wizard, i don't have any problem adding the printer.
    >
    > I have tried the following with the "\v" but it still
    > doesn't work.
    > printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP Laser
    > Jet 3300 Series PCL 6" /c\\printserver \f "%windir%
    > \inf\ntprint.inf" /r "\\IC5\HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL
    > 6" /m "HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL 6" \v "windows 2000"
    >
    > Any ideas?

Rundll32 Hewlett Packard Network Printer Windows XP