trouble deleting a printer in windowsXP

I try to delete a network printer by clicking on it and then click delete. I
will then be asked if I want to stop the connection to this printer - not as
usually, when you are asked if you want to delete the printer.
I have not made the connection to this printer so I can not tell how it's
done, but I guess that is part of the answer. The person who has made the
connection must have done it another way than by adding a printer. How can
you delete the printer for good. Everytime I restart the computer, the
connection is reestablished - and it is not in the loginscript.
3 answers Last reply
More about trouble deleting printer windowsxp

    Open Windows Explorer. From the Toolbar, select Tools, Folder Options....
    From the View tab, UNCHECK the first box down "Automatically search for
    network folders and printers".

    Alternatively, go to the PC on which the printer is installed and in the
    printer properties, stop sharing it.
    www.coribright.com

    "LAS" <LAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I try to delete a network printer by clicking on it and then click delete.
    > will then be asked if I want to stop the connection to this printer - not
    > as
    > usually, when you are asked if you want to delete the printer.
    > I have not made the connection to this printer so I can not tell how it's
    > done, but I guess that is part of the answer. The person who has made the
    > connection must have done it another way than by adding a printer. How can
    > you delete the printer for good. Everytime I restart the computer, the
    > connection is reestablished - and it is not in the loginscript.

    If what Carrie said doesn't help, perhaps the printer was added "globally".
    If this is the case, an administrator has to delete it globally.

    See http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm.

    --
    ªzvÜá
    "LAS" <LAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I try to delete a network printer by clicking on it and then click delete.
    > will then be asked if I want to stop the connection to this printer - not
    > as
    > usually, when you are asked if you want to delete the printer.
    > I have not made the connection to this printer so I can not tell how it's
    > done, but I guess that is part of the answer. The person who has made the
    > connection must have done it another way than by adding a printer. How can
    > you delete the printer for good. Everytime I restart the computer, the
    > connection is reestablished - and it is not in the loginscript.
  3. Printer not deleting ???

    I have the solution..

    1.Go to C:>windows>system32>spool>Printers

    2.see if any files there

    3.stop thespooler

    4.delete files

    5.restart the spooler

    6.now refresh the printer page or try deleting printer now

Connection Printers Windows XP