bazooka and/or adaware6?

I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
How is this difference possible and
which of the two programs are better?
2 answers Last reply
More about bazooka adaware6

    info said...
    > I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
    > But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
    > How is this difference possible and
    > which of the two programs are better?

    I've never used Bazooka, but I had a similar situation with another
    scanner finding a file (executable) that Ad-Aware missed. Despite this,
    I'm happy with Ad-Aware- I just don't rely on it as the answer-to-all-
    spyware.
    --
    Super Mike
    "Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."

    [This followup was posted to comp.security.firewalls and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <c54lmp$fd8$1@reader11.wxs.nl>, mukea@hotmail.com says...
    > I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
    > But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
    > How is this difference possible and
    > which of the two programs are better?

    No single program will catch everything. A common combination is AdAware
    (www.lavasoftusa.com) with Spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/). Each
    has their own strengths and they complement each other.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

Firewalls Security Networking