bazooka and/or adaware6?

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 9, 2004 4:59:15 AM

I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
How is this difference possible and
which of the two programs are better?

More about : bazooka adaware6

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 9, 2004 6:57:00 AM

info said...
> I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
> But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
> How is this difference possible and
> which of the two programs are better?

I've never used Bazooka, but I had a similar situation with another
scanner finding a file (executable) that Ad-Aware missed. Despite this,
I'm happy with Ad-Aware- I just don't rely on it as the answer-to-all-
spyware.
--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querrĂ­a un enano y un yate, por favor."

[This followup was posted to comp.security.firewalls and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <c54lmp$fd8$1@reader11.wxs.nl>, mukea@hotmail.com says...
> I had bazooka and during the scan I found 1 expected spy file.
> But when I use adaware6, I can't find that file when I scan my system.
> How is this difference possible and
> which of the two programs are better?

No single program will catch everything. A common combination is AdAware
(www.lavasoftusa.com) with Spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/). Each
has their own strengths and they complement each other.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
!