Microsoft Fax

I am trying to fax a page from excel. I have done this
many times before. Now the fax wizard hangs up...if I
open the fax console, it gives the message "refreshing"
and never comes back. Eventually it may come back with
the message "all faxprinters inaccessible". Also, I have
a message that 8 (outgoing) faxes are waiting...but these
are not shown in the out box. If I keep rebooting,
eventually I get it to work..

What is going on here?
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft

    Since presumably fax worked before, what changes did you make to your system
    that produced this behavior?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Jim" <jeb27@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to fax a page from excel. I have done this
    > many times before. Now the fax wizard hangs up...if I
    > open the fax console, it gives the message "refreshing"
    > and never comes back. Eventually it may come back with
    > the message "all faxprinters inaccessible". Also, I have
    > a message that 8 (outgoing) faxes are waiting...but these
    > are not shown in the out box. If I keep rebooting,
    > eventually I get it to work..
    >
    > What is going on here?

    Fax DID work before. Same hardware. I installed norton
    internet security-it was afterward that I first noticed
    the problem; not sure how long afterward. Don't know if
    Norton does anything to faxes. I also noticed that the fax
    monitor no longer pops up when sending a fax, too. It
    used to give a status msg as the fax is being sent.

    Known issue.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    > Fax DID work before. Same hardware. I installed norton
    > internet security-it was afterward that I first noticed
    > the problem; not sure how long afterward. Don't know if
    > Norton does anything to faxes. I also noticed that the fax
    > monitor no longer pops up when sending a fax, too. It
    > used to give a status msg as the fax is being sent.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP