Jim

I am trying to fax a page from excel. I have done this
many times before. Now the fax wizard hangs up...if I
open the fax console, it gives the message "refreshing"
and never comes back. Eventually it may come back with
the message "all faxprinters inaccessible". Also, I have
a message that 8 (outgoing) faxes are waiting...but these
are not shown in the out box. If I keep rebooting,
eventually I get it to work..

What is going on here?

Since presumably fax worked before, what changes did you make to your system
that produced this behavior?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jim" <jeb27@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to fax a page from excel. I have done this
> many times before. Now the fax wizard hangs up...if I
> open the fax console, it gives the message "refreshing"
> and never comes back. Eventually it may come back with
> the message "all faxprinters inaccessible". Also, I have
> a message that 8 (outgoing) faxes are waiting...but these
> are not shown in the out box. If I keep rebooting,
> eventually I get it to work..
>
> What is going on here?

Fax DID work before. Same hardware. I installed norton
internet security-it was afterward that I first noticed
the problem; not sure how long afterward. Don't know if
Norton does anything to faxes. I also noticed that the fax
monitor no longer pops up when sending a fax, too. It
used to give a status msg as the fax is being sent.

Known issue.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument

--
Russ Valentine