Zalman 5000, DragonOrb3 or Volcano6Cu+ ???

G

Hi all,
which one is the best: Zalman 5000, DragonOrb3 or Volcano6Cu+ ??
Thanks

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i think the 6cu+ is your best bet..
the dragon might crush the core, the zalman doesnt cool well, and the 6cu+ cools good, and is a generic clip design, so not likely to crush
i have the 6cu, because i would not be able to stand the volume of the cu+...
2500 rpm difference between the cu and the cu+
and to tell you the truth, the cu+ only gets like 2 degrees difference...at least here at my house...on two identical machines...
both k7s5a's, both athlon 900's...
mine ran 1 degree C under my friends when he was using the cu+...
maybe some people have better results with it...but i havent seen much differecne..
my temps are pretty good..
when my 120mm fan is not on, i run at 48* full load...
but with the 120 on, i get like 46* full load.
and even then it is still quieter than my friends comp, and a lower temp!
so, i would personally go for the cu, just to save your hearing...
but the cu+ is good too...
also, see if you can get your hands on a volcano 7....supposedly pretty cheap, and cools better than cu+, and is quieter...(80mm fan on it)

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

dhlucke

Polypheme
Just get the Volcano 6cu. Not the plus. The plus is noisier and doesn't do much more. You'll be more than happy with the 6cu version

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I just built a 1500+ system and used a volcano 6cu 4550rpm and its my favorite easy all in one cooler.

There are better for cooling, I use a alpha pal6035 (8045 is the newest one for athlon) and find it suitable also.
Even my system if I needed a cooler today I'd get myself a 6cu.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

G

2 days ago i was thinking of a dragon orb 3, 6cu+ or a globalwin wbk38! i realized orb 3 is quite expensive so i needa pick off the 2! down the store they dont have a stock for wbk38! so nowhere under is 6cu+ for me.

hell happy with it! my 63^c up oc went down to 50^c pretty fine! nice nice but noisy fan! yea, i think wbk38 will be this noisy aswell anyway. overall, love it!

watchout for the fingers though, i have a friend with a big scar by accident coz he doesnt have a railing on it!

peace outz!!!