This could be usefull for O.C your XP chip :D

G

I haven’t done any over clocking before but i'm going to get a new computer soon for when I go to uni next year so in searching for information I read your article on over clocking AMD XP chip. In your guide you used some type of silver conductive paint, masking everything up and dabbling it on it looked kinda tricky and like it could easily go wrong. I haven’t done much with computers so far but I have done quite a bit of electronics, which made me remember a tool that is used to join broken tracks on circuit boards. Its a silver based pen which would properly give you allot more control than masking would (I would properly still use masking to be on the safe side). I know you can buy these pens at any dick smiths electronics stores in New Zealand. Hope this helps :D
Here is a link to the product http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3c113e4d0052e2fc2741c0a87f9906b6/Search/Run

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
If anyone is based in the US they'll do better with <A HREF="http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=3753712&St=4590&St2=-64181991&St3=-88556346&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=15213&DID=7" target="_new">this</A> at US$10. Overseas shipping is like $25 - a little steep for must of us. I need to improve my Japanese to try and find one locally I guess.

-* <font color=red> Under Offer </font color=red> *-
email for application details

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
A conductive pen will be fine, note though that allegedly some are coated in resin, so this would obviously cause a small problem. I used conductive paint on my tbird as the electronics shop nearest me (Maplin in uk) didnt have any in stock at the time.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

dejay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2001
I used this pen and it worked a treat, although you definately <b>do</b> need to mask, as the silver ink came out a bit lumpy and those bridges are tiny (they look bigger in that article).

PS - Mask accurately and make sure it is pressed down well.

<font color=purple>I'm new here, I don't deserve a sig.</font color=purple>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
yep, the bridges are dam small, I used a pointed scaplpel blade to apply the conductive paint to mine, maybe applying a bit of paint from the pen onto a pointed object may help.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers