Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

how do I reinstall the Microsoft fax driver in Win XP?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 12:49:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
driver is in order to install it like a printer.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:02:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Marla wrote:
> My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
> fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
> driver is in order to install it like a printer.

Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components.

Q
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:02:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
can reinstall the fax as a printer.

Marla

>-----Original Message-----
>Marla wrote:
>> My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
>> fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
>> driver is in order to install it like a printer.
>
>Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components.
>
>Q
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:07:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

"The place that the fax shows up under printers" IS the Fax Console. The
only way to install it or uninstall it is from 'Add/Remove Programs|Windows
Components'. There is no Fax "driver" like there is for printers.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0bb701c4a578$5de788d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
> place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
> need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
> can reinstall the fax as a printer.
>
> Marla
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Marla wrote:
> >> My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
> >> fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
> >> driver is in order to install it like a printer.
> >
> >Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components.
> >
> >Q
> >
> >
> >.
> >
February 24, 2005 3:45:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I f there is no driver for fax how can I solve this?
MS Fax is receiving faxes, but it is impossible to send. When I click on a
fax properties it requires a driver and offer printer drivers?
Of course, I can not find any Microsoft Fax driver...

"Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" wrote:

> "The place that the fax shows up under printers" IS the Fax Console. The
> only way to install it or uninstall it is from 'Add/Remove Programs|Windows
> Components'. There is no Fax "driver" like there is for printers.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0bb701c4a578$5de788d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> > That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
> > place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
> > need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
> > can reinstall the fax as a printer.
> >
> > Marla
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Marla wrote:
> > >> My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
> > >> fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
> > >> driver is in order to install it like a printer.
> > >
> > >Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components.
> > >
> > >Q
> > >
> > >
> > >.
> > >
>
>
>
!