how do I reinstall the Microsoft fax driver in Win XP?

My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
driver is in order to install it like a printer.
4 answers Last reply
More about reinstall microsoft driver

    Marla wrote:
    > My MS fax got uninstalled, and I need to reinstall the
    > fax driver. How can I do this? I can't find where the
    > driver is in order to install it like a printer.

    Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components.

    That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
    place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
    need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
    can reinstall the fax as a printer.

    Marla

    "The place that the fax shows up under printers" IS the Fax Console. The
    only way to install it or uninstall it is from 'Add/Remove Programs|Windows
    Components'. There is no Fax "driver" like there is for printers.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    > That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
    > place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
    > need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
    > can reinstall the fax as a printer.
    >
    > Marla

    I f there is no driver for fax how can I solve this?
    MS Fax is receiving faxes, but it is impossible to send. When I click on a
    fax properties it requires a driver and offer printer drivers?
    Of course, I can not find any Microsoft Fax driver...

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" wrote:

    > "The place that the fax shows up under printers" IS the Fax Console. The
    > only way to install it or uninstall it is from 'Add/Remove Programs|Windows
    > Components'. There is no Fax "driver" like there is for printers.
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > That doesn't work, it isn't the fax console, it is the
    > > place that the fax shows up under printers. I really only
    > > need to know where the windows fax driver is so that I
    > > can reinstall the fax as a printer.
    > >
    > > Marla

Fax Microsoft Windows XP