fax stop working after sp2

after i installed spt the fax on my win xp stop working
should i unsinstall sp2 weary of in might affect other
programs
2 answers Last reply
More about stop working

    I've seen only one other report of this and the fix in that case was to
    uninstall and reinstall the Fax service. YMMV...

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "jms" <hunterj37@aol.com> wrote in message
    > after i installed spt the fax on my win xp stop working
    > should i unsinstall sp2 weary of in might affect other
    > programs

    This is a fairly common problem judging by the number of messages.
    Un-installing fax and re-installing fixes it until you turn the m/c off and
    back on. Then it does not work again.
    One fix posted was related to Norton anti virus, a change of settings for
    trojans was suggested. this has not worked for me.
    I suppose we must wait until Microsoft sort out the glitch they have
    introduced with sp2!

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" wrote:

    > I've seen only one other report of this and the fix in that case was to
    > uninstall and reinstall the Fax service. YMMV...
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "jms" <hunterj37@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > after i installed spt the fax on my win xp stop working
    > > should i unsinstall sp2 weary of in might affect other
    > > programs

Fax Microsoft Windows XP