fax stop working after sp2

September 28, 2004 7:11:00 PM

after i installed spt the fax on my win xp stop working
should i unsinstall sp2 weary of in might affect other
programs

More about : fax stop working sp2

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:13:08 PM

I've seen only one other report of this and the fix in that case was to
uninstall and reinstall the Fax service. YMMV...

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"jms" <hunterj37@aol.com> wrote in message
> after i installed spt the fax on my win xp stop working
> should i unsinstall sp2 weary of in might affect other
> programs
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 2:53:06 PM

This is a fairly common problem judging by the number of messages.
Un-installing fax and re-installing fixes it until you turn the m/c off and
back on. Then it does not work again.
One fix posted was related to Norton anti virus, a change of settings for
trojans was suggested. this has not worked for me.
I suppose we must wait until Microsoft sort out the glitch they have
introduced with sp2!

!