EQ1: GUI Problem

Hi All

A friend of mine had his map window set to open up in the top right of
his game window, and now, because of the Atlas patch, the bar to move
the window around is off the top of the screen.

He has changed resolution, can then move the window to a different
place, but on changing back to the resolution he likes to use, the map
window is back at the place where it was prior to the rez change.

Any way to force the map window back into full view? We saw a post in
a forum that said /resetwindows would move the GUI's windows back to
default, but this is not the case.

Thanks in advance :)

Palindrome

Palindrome wrote:

> I managed to fix it in just this manner, after trying loading UI's
and
> whatnot. We noticed that only one of his characters had the stuck
map
> window, so figured it was his UI_{charname}_{server} file, in his
> Everquest root directory, that was messed. Sure enough, his "X"
> number was 430 and his "Y" was -41, compared to my 10 and 19,
> respectively, so we edited the file, saved it, and everything was
fine
> after that :)

Glad you got this fixed...there was a similar problem a while back
where the Skills window would get set to the bottom left hand corner of
the screen, and thus be basically completely invisible and unreachable.
The drastic solution was to delete the UI file, the best one was to
just change those coordinates to accessible ones.

Game on,

The Oneiromancer

Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in

> Hi All
>
> A friend of mine had his map window set to open up in the top right of
> his game window, and now, because of the Atlas patch, the bar to move
> the window around is off the top of the screen.
>
> He has changed resolution, can then move the window to a different
> place, but on changing back to the resolution he likes to use, the map
> window is back at the place where it was prior to the rez change.
>
> Any way to force the map window back into full view? We saw a post in
> a forum that said /resetwindows would move the GUI's windows back to
> default, but this is not the case.

Not sure which file it is, but you should be able to edit the file that
has the window positions, and change it manually. Have not had to deal
with this yet personally, so can't say for certain.

Another possible solution is to load an alternate UI, and unclick the
keep current layout (or whatever it is called), then reload the UI he
wants to use. Not sure what that will do to positioning off hand though.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

On 20 Apr 2005 16:25:18 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Not sure which file it is, but you should be able to edit the file that
>has the window positions, and change it manually. Have not had to deal
>with this yet personally, so can't say for certain.

I managed to fix it in just this manner, after trying loading UI's and
whatnot. We noticed that only one of his characters had the stuck map
window, so figured it was his UI_{charname}_{server} file, in his
Everquest root directory, that was messed. Sure enough, his "X"
number was 430 and his "Y" was -41, compared to my 10 and 19,
respectively, so we edited the file, saved it, and everything was fine
after that :)

>Another possible solution is to load an alternate UI, and unclick the
>keep current layout (or whatever it is called), then reload the UI he
>wants to use. Not sure what that will do to positioning off hand though.

Aye, we were going to do this next, if the edit hadn't worked, so I'm
not sure either...

Thanks for your assistance!

Palindrome