help replacing a hard drive

I need help replacing a hard drive onmysony pcg - k15 laptop.......
how do i partition and format this hard drive....any help would be
appreciated . thanks

I don't know about Sony, but with my former HP Pavilion (W98se) and current
Compaq Presario (XP Home)... basically... Install the new hard drive, and
then turn on the computer with the op system/recovery CD in the CD-drive.
Thereafter it's automatic, just follow the instructions. It also does the
formatting if desired.
--
Jester6