Printer stops working after installing SP2

September 29, 2004 6:47:05 AM

I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
any help..
Thanks.
Frank.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:56:27 PM

I'd suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the printer, using:

www.coribright.com

"Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
> Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
> prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
> select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
> message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
> module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
> with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
> aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
> any help..
> Thanks.
> Frank.

October 3, 2004 9:00:51 AM

"Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
> Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
> prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
> select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
> message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
> module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
> with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
> aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
> any help..
> Thanks.
> Frank.

I have the same problem with my Xerox WorkCenter XK35c after upgrading to
SP2. I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my \WINDOWS
\SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention. Now the
calibration utility loads without error. Unfortunately, even after
completing the calibration, it continues to prompt me to calibrate EVERY
TIME I print.

If anyone has a solution to this, please HELP!
October 10, 2004 12:12:43 AM

"DoctorX" wrote:
> "Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
> > Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
> > prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
> > select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
> > message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
> > module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
> > with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
> > aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
> > any help..
> > Thanks.
> > Frank.
>
> I have the same problem with my Xerox WorkCenter XK35c after
> upgrading to
> SP2. I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my
> WINDOWS
> SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.
> Now the
> calibration utility loads without error. Unfortunately, even
> after
> completing the calibration, it continues to prompt me to
> calibrate EVERY
> TIME I print.
>
> If anyone has a solution to this, please HELP!

This is a known issue, and Xerox is not planning to release a new
driver to fix it(or so they say as of right now)

There doesn’t seem to be a workaround other than to uninstall SP2.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-worki...

"bluecow" wrote:
> This is a known issue, and Xerox is not planning to release a
> new driver to fix it(or so they say as of right now)
>
> There doesn't seem to be a workaround other than to uninstall
> SP2.

I wish I had something of value to add, but I’m ’joining the club.’
When I contacted Microsoft a couple of weeks ago, they couldn’t tell
me anything beyond unintall & reinstall the printer driver and to do
regsvr32 ssrosui.dll. Previously, that gave me an error, but the tip
of copying the dll to the system folder gave some partial success with
the regsvr32 operation. However, the dialog box still appears for me
as well.

I contacted Xerox and got an automated response that they no longer
provide support for this printer and I should go to a site where they
sell service contracts. Should we really be forced to buy a new
printer after 3-4 years? I don’t want to uninstall SP2, because I want
to be able to get future patches, which will likely require SP2. But
this cartridge alignment dialog box is driving me nuts.

If anyone comes up with a solution or news of an updated driver,
please post it here. Thanks

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-worki...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=616523
October 19, 2004 6:33:03 PM

"luannv" wrote:
> I wish I had something of value to add, but I'm 'joining the
> club.' When I contacted Microsoft a couple of weeks ago, they
> couldn't tell me anything beyond unintall & reinstall the
> printer driver and to do regsvr32 ssrosui.dll. Previously,
> that gave me an error, but the tip of copying the dll to the
> system folder gave some partial success with the regsvr32
> operation. However, the dialog box still appears for me as
> well.
>
> I contacted Xerox and got an automated response that they no
> longer provide support for this printer and I should go to a
> site where they sell service contracts. Should we really be
> forced to buy a new printer after 3-4 years? I don't want to
> uninstall SP2, because I want to be able to get future
> patches, which will likely require SP2. But this cartridge
> alignment dialog box is driving me nuts.
>
> If anyone comes up with a solution or news of an updated
> driver, please post it here. Thanks 8)

Anything New on this??? it gets quite annoying to continue clicking
the extra radio button to print

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-worki...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=616524
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:47:19 PM

> I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my \WINDOWS
> \SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.

DoctorX,
where did you find ssrosui.dll?

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-worki...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=628591
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:56:56 AM

"sinterest" wrote:

Quote:
I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and
> copied it to my WINDOWS
> SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.
>

> DoctorX,
> where did you find ssrosui.dll?

I am still getting this printer alignment message every time I print
too. I can find no fix for this and no updated driver. I’ll never
buy a xerox againa and at the soonest opportunity I’m swiching to a
different OS... Being a beta tester or microsoft is getting VERY old!

--
Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-worki...

"bethcom" wrote:
> I am still getting this printer alignment message every time I
> print too. I can find no fix for this and no updated driver.
> I'll never buy a xerox againa and at the soonest opportunity
> I'm swiching to a different OS... Being a beta tester or
> microsoft is getting VERY old! :?:

I have an XK50cx and have same issue. I did the copy on the file to
system32 and allowed me to do the print cartridge setup. but window
continues to popup upon every print.

One difference however is the filename that errors on my computer is
ssacsui.dll and not ssocsui.dll

I hope they fix this thing. I’m keeping SP2 update.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:13:01 PM

I have the same problem as cocacolanut (an XK50cx rather than XK35, with
missing file of ssacsui.dll rather than ssocsui.dll). A twist is, when I hit
"no" on the prompt to set up print cartridges and proceed to print, only ink
from by black cartridge is emitted, not from my color. I have my settings
set to color printing and have tried using at least TWO new cartridges. I
have also cleaned the cartridge heads to ensure it is not a hardware issue.
Is anyone else having this kind of issue?

!