Printer stops working after installing SP2

I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
any help..
Thanks.
Frank.
9 answers Last reply
More about printer stops working installing

    I'd suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the printer, using:

    www.coribright.com

    "Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
    > Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
    > prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
    > select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
    > message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
    > module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
    > with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
    > aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
    > any help..
    > Thanks.
    > Frank.

    "Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
    > Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
    > prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
    > select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
    > message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
    > module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
    > with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
    > aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
    > any help..
    > Thanks.
    > Frank.

    I have the same problem with my Xerox WorkCenter XK35c after upgrading to
    SP2. I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my \WINDOWS
    \SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention. Now the
    calibration utility loads without error. Unfortunately, even after
    completing the calibration, it continues to prompt me to calibrate EVERY
    TIME I print.

    If anyone has a solution to this, please HELP!

    "DoctorX" wrote:
    > "Frank Nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I have a Xerox WorkCenter XK35c Multi Function
    > > Printer/Fax. After installing SP2, when printing, window
    > > prompts me to do a print cartridge setup. When I
    > > select "yes" to do cartridge setup, the following error
    > > message occurs: "error loading ssrosui.dll. The specified
    > > module could not be found". If I select "no" to proceed
    > > with the printing, the printed document will have mis-
    > > aligned and blank out sections. Would really appreciate
    > > any help..
    > > Thanks.
    > > Frank.
    >
    > I have the same problem with my Xerox WorkCenter XK35c after
    > upgrading to
    > SP2. I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my
    > WINDOWS
    > SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.
    > Now the
    > calibration utility loads without error. Unfortunately, even
    > after
    > completing the calibration, it continues to prompt me to
    > calibrate EVERY
    > TIME I print.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to this, please HELP!

    This is a known issue, and Xerox is not planning to release a new
    driver to fix it(or so they say as of right now)

    There doesn’t seem to be a workaround other than to uninstall SP2.

    --
    http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-working-installing-SP2-ftopict194482.html

    "bluecow" wrote:
    > This is a known issue, and Xerox is not planning to release a
    > new driver to fix it(or so they say as of right now)
    >
    > There doesn't seem to be a workaround other than to uninstall
    > SP2.

    I wish I had something of value to add, but I’m ’joining the club.’
    When I contacted Microsoft a couple of weeks ago, they couldn’t tell
    me anything beyond unintall & reinstall the printer driver and to do
    regsvr32 ssrosui.dll. Previously, that gave me an error, but the tip
    of copying the dll to the system folder gave some partial success with
    the regsvr32 operation. However, the dialog box still appears for me
    as well.

    I contacted Xerox and got an automated response that they no longer
    provide support for this printer and I should go to a site where they
    sell service contracts. Should we really be forced to buy a new
    printer after 3-4 years? I don’t want to uninstall SP2, because I want
    to be able to get future patches, which will likely require SP2. But
    this cartridge alignment dialog box is driving me nuts.

    If anyone comes up with a solution or news of an updated driver,
    please post it here. Thanks

    --
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=616523

    "luannv" wrote:
    > I wish I had something of value to add, but I'm 'joining the
    > club.' When I contacted Microsoft a couple of weeks ago, they
    > couldn't tell me anything beyond unintall & reinstall the
    > printer driver and to do regsvr32 ssrosui.dll. Previously,
    > that gave me an error, but the tip of copying the dll to the
    > system folder gave some partial success with the regsvr32
    > operation. However, the dialog box still appears for me as
    > well.
    >
    > I contacted Xerox and got an automated response that they no
    > longer provide support for this printer and I should go to a
    > site where they sell service contracts. Should we really be
    > forced to buy a new printer after 3-4 years? I don't want to
    > uninstall SP2, because I want to be able to get future
    > patches, which will likely require SP2. But this cartridge
    > alignment dialog box is driving me nuts.
    >
    > If anyone comes up with a solution or news of an updated
    > driver, please post it here. Thanks 8)

    Anything New on this??? it gets quite annoying to continue clicking
    the extra radio button to print

    --
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=616524

    > I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and copied it to my \WINDOWS
    > \SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.

    DoctorX,
    where did you find ssrosui.dll?

    --
    http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-working-installing-SP2-ftopict194482.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=628591

    "sinterest" wrote:

    Quote:
    I searched for for the ssrosui.dll and
    > copied it to my WINDOWS
    > SYSTEM32 directory and this eliminated the error you mention.
    >

    > DoctorX,
    > where did you find ssrosui.dll?

    I am still getting this printer alignment message every time I print
    too. I can find no fix for this and no updated driver. I’ll never
    buy a xerox againa and at the soonest opportunity I’m swiching to a
    different OS... Being a beta tester or microsoft is getting VERY old!

    --
    Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-er-stops-working-installing-SP2-ftopict194482.html

    "bethcom" wrote:
    > I am still getting this printer alignment message every time I
    > print too. I can find no fix for this and no updated driver.
    > I'll never buy a xerox againa and at the soonest opportunity
    > I'm swiching to a different OS... Being a beta tester or
    > microsoft is getting VERY old! :?:

    I have an XK50cx and have same issue. I did the copy on the file to
    system32 and allowed me to do the print cartridge setup. but window
    continues to popup upon every print.

    One difference however is the filename that errors on my computer is
    ssacsui.dll and not ssocsui.dll

    I hope they fix this thing. I’m keeping SP2 update.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I have the same problem as cocacolanut (an XK50cx rather than XK35, with
    missing file of ssacsui.dll rather than ssocsui.dll). A twist is, when I hit
    "no" on the prompt to set up print cartridges and proceed to print, only ink
    from by black cartridge is emitted, not from my color. I have my settings
    set to color printing and have tried using at least TWO new cartridges. I
    have also cleaned the cartridge heads to ensure it is not a hardware issue.
    Is anyone else having this kind of issue?

    "cocacolanut" wrote:

    > "bethcom" wrote:
    > > I am still getting this printer alignment message every time I
    > > print too. I can find no fix for this and no updated driver.
    > > I'll never buy a xerox againa and at the soonest opportunity
    > > I'm swiching to a different OS... Being a beta tester or
    > > microsoft is getting VERY old! :?:
    >
    > I have an XK50cx and have same issue. I did the copy on the file to
    > system32 and allowed me to do the print cartridge setup. but window
    > continues to popup upon every print.
    >
    > One difference however is the filename that errors on my computer is
    > ssacsui.dll and not ssocsui.dll
    >
    > I hope they fix this thing. I’m keeping SP2 update.

Fax Printers Windows XP