Printer not printing black

September 29, 2004 1:24:09 PM

My printer has stopped printing with black ink. I
installed a new cartridge and have cleaned the heads. The
othe colors are printing light. I have evevn reinstalled
the printer. I am running XP. I have installed SP2. Any
suggestions?

More about : printer printing black

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:53:23 PM

What make and model of printer?

If the black ink ran out completely and you left it for a while before
replacing the cartridges, you may have to perform several cleaning cycles to
get the flow going again.
www.coribright.com

"tfdarwin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer has stopped printing with black ink. I
> installed a new cartridge and have cleaned the heads. The
> othe colors are printing light. I have evevn reinstalled
> the printer. I am running XP. I have installed SP2. Any
> suggestions?

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 6:52:46 PM

Epson Stylus C82

I changed the black ink as soon as it asked. I have even
exchanged that one too. My printer is printing light
color and the print has white stripes through the letters.
October 3, 2004 9:29:07 AM

I have just had exactly the same problem. My printer was happily printing
away and then just stopped printing black. I've tried cleaning, this hasn't
worked at all. It appears as though the black ink is being drawn from the
cartridge but it doesn't reach the paper. I have an Epson Photo 830U which
is just over 12 months old and has average use.

Can you please let me know if you've resolved your problem and if you did
how did you do it?

"tfdarwin" wrote:

> My printer has stopped printing with black ink. I
> installed a new cartridge and have cleaned the heads. The
> othe colors are printing light. I have evevn reinstalled
> the printer. I am running XP. I have installed SP2. Any
> suggestions?

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 11:28:50 PM

problem is still not resolved
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 8:43:17 PM

Replace the cartridge. Epson cartridges have a long history of clogging if
the printer is not used at least once per week.
www.coribright.com

"lastuart" <lastuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just had exactly the same problem. My printer was happily printing
> away and then just stopped printing black. I've tried cleaning, this
> hasn't
> worked at all. It appears as though the black ink is being drawn from the
> cartridge but it doesn't reach the paper. I have an Epson Photo 830U
> which
> is just over 12 months old and has average use.
>
> Can you please let me know if you've resolved your problem and if you did
> how did you do it?
>
> "tfdarwin" wrote:
>
>> My printer has stopped printing with black ink. I
>> installed a new cartridge and have cleaned the heads. The
>> othe colors are printing light. I have evevn reinstalled
>> the printer. I am running XP. I have installed SP2. Any
>> suggestions?

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 8:43:31 PM

See my reply to lastuart.