DPI Lazer Mouse

motafota

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
RecentlyI bought the CM Inferno 4000 DPI Mouse as an upgrade from my last HP Optical. With that mouse i had my Windows sens set to 3/11 and I was happy since I didn't have to ajust anything else ingame, also it didn't come with any software. Now as a first time Dual-Lazer Mouse user I can't get the mouse to suit all my preferences. I found that 3/11 in Windows sens with MA disabled is the perfect speed for me, abit higher and I lost my control. I consiter my desktop experience to be avid, but in games it all goes downhill. Yesterday I played the RTS Emergency 4 and with the 3/11 sens and 800DPI and it is still WAY to quick! Since I can't change the ingame sens ( no option ) I'm at a dead-end. Today I fired up AC2 and had to get the ingame sens to 1, opposeto 5 which i used with my Optical mouse, in order to have an enjoyable experience. This mostly happens to every game ~ me having to set the lowest sens ingame and then ajust the DPI, but in Emergency 4 I can't.

Is this like with every Dual-Lazer DPI Mouse? It feels like my desktop and gaming experiences are divided, As soon as the mouse goes to the desktop i can normally use it to my preference, but ingames it's just un-fair.

Any suggestions, guides, fixes? Wouldn't an override to the Windows Sens instead of the games fix the problem?

EDIT: Opps, just went to the Inferno Software and founld out my lowest DPI settings was 1700, must have changed it some time yesterday, anyways I set it to 500 and I can now play Emergency 4. Guess i'm just set up a gaming profiles and play around with the DPI to get an optimal result.

But i'll still be greatful for any suggestions to make my experiance I little bit better :D

go into windows own mouse control and set mouse pointer speed to default. ie in the middle. then adjust your mouse via the mouse dpi panel... 2000 dpi should be more than enough if you have a 1920/1080p screen. if your on 1280/720 set your dip down to 1000. if its still a little 2 fast turn it down to 1600 on the bigger screen or 800 on the smaller. its the poll rate thats more important as this determines how fast the mouse reacts. dpi will just move you drom 1 side of the screen to the other... also turn off acceleration somtimes it can be on, set very high and overide your mouse dpi settings so it needs to be off.

motafota

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

Thanks, I have a 1920x1080 screen, you mentioned Poll rate, is that the same as USB Report Rate? Because i can adjust that.
A