Print window is slow is appear

After installing the new Windows XP SP2, whenever I
select PRINT, the Print Window takes forever to appear,
when it used to work just fine. The printer is connected
to another PC on a small 3-PC network and I am shared to
that printer through the other PC. It worked fine
before. Please help.

From which application are you printing?
www.coribright.com

"RK67" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing the new Windows XP SP2, whenever I
> select PRINT, the Print Window takes forever to appear,
> when it used to work just fine. The printer is connected
> to another PC on a small 3-PC network and I am shared to
> that printer through the other PC. It worked fine
> before. Please help.

All appplications yield the same results - Word, etc..
thanks for responding. maybe i should add that the the
printer is connected to a windows 98 computer. but it
worked fine before the XP SP2 install. thanks.

The applications are having to negotiate through the firewall which will
slow them down a bit.
www.coribright.com

> All appplications yield the same results - Word, etc..
> thanks for responding. maybe i should add that the the
> printer is connected to a windows 98 computer. but it
> worked fine before the XP SP2 install. thanks.

Others are having problems as well - me included.

Don't have a real fix - but a work around is if you use
the net use command and map the printer to a LPT port it
will make it as quick as it was before.

Hopefully there will be a better reponse from someone
else As I am searching as well.

John