Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've tried installing my printer and I'm getting the
error 'print spooler service not running'.
I went into the services application to manually start
the print spooler and am receiving the following error.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

How can I correct this. Will I have to re-install windows
to repair/replace the missing file? Is there an easier way?

Thank you

Go to the Control Panel and click on Admin Tools. From there, click on
Services. Is there a line called Print Spooler?
www.coribright.com

"richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried installing my printer and I'm getting the
> error 'print spooler service not running'.
> I went into the services application to manually start
> the print spooler and am receiving the following error.
> Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> How can I correct this. Will I have to re-install windows
> to repair/replace the missing file? Is there an easier way?
>
> Thank you

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've already done this... I'm getting the error message
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.- this
comes up when I try to start the print spooler.

Thank you

which file cannot be found?

The print spooler consists of

spoolsv.exe
spoolss.dll
localspl.dll
win32spl.dll
winspool.drv
tcpmon.dll
tcpmib.dll
usbmon.dll

The spooler also depends on the Remote Procedure Call service to start.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> I've already done this... I'm getting the error message
> Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.- this
> comes up when I try to start the print spooler.
>
> Thank you

BobHolland

____________

Hi Sat 4/11/09 4:43pm

My Vista 64 Print Spooler file has this in the decription: ·þÎñÃèÊö

I have tried stopping it and starting it, and I cannot print at all, and with the print spooler issue, the computer does not recognize any of my printers either, and the device manager does not show any printers either.

A month ago, changing the Print Spooler to 'Automatic' fixed it, and a few times that week, I had to change it to Automatic again and again to get it to work.
Now changing it to automatic takes, until I try to use it, then the computer stops recognizing any printers.

Any chance someone can email me step by step instructions, and a copy of clean print spooler files, to just copy over the non-working ones?
I am not a geek, just a 58 year old user that has some print spooler issues.

thanks

Bob Holland
Email: NiceGuy_20850@yahoo.com